Years Of Waiting ; Scott McCall

Start from the beginning

Scott helped her with her homework. Now it was time for him to tell her, "y/n, I really need to tell you something..." He said slowly. 

"Oh no... you're dying?" Was her first thing to expect. After her Mom died not too long after her little brother. 

"No! y/n... I- I- Actually I have to go, you know don't worry about me, okay? Just know that what I'm doing right now is because I love you and I want to keep you safe"

"What are you talking about, Scott? Scott!" She ran after him. "Where are you going!"

"This is to keep you safe!" He shouted back and added, "I love you"

y/n hoped she wouldn't see Scott today, even though they had Coach's lesson together. But she had caught the earlier bus to avoid Liam and to get to speak to Coach before lesson. y/n picked up her pace in the corridor as she heard Stiles shouting her. She reached Coach's door and knocked vigorously on the door as she heard Stiles getting closer. Coach opened the door and y/n ran in and shut it quickly. "y/n. What are you doing?"

"Sorry Coach... I didn't want to talk to Stiles... erm, I need to ask you for a favour" y/n said, trying not to sound nervous. 

"Depends what it is.." Coach said, raising his eyebrow at her as he sat at his desk. 

"I've done the homework" y/n pushed a piece of paper across the desk. 

"The only person to actually do homework, thank you" Coach smiled, he liked her she never let anything get in her way. 

"Your welcome, Scott helped... I was wondering about the email you got from Miss Mullen" Y/n smiled. 

"Oh yeah. Congratulations on getting into the final three" Coach said and when y/n mouth opened wide he sighed, "You didn't know..." 

"No but thank you" She beamed. 

"You can have these lessons off to work on it, that's totally fine" Coach smiled. y/n smiled and leaned over the desk to hug Coach, "No hugging..." 

"Sorry" She said, walking to the door and jumped when she heard the bell go, y/n gave a sheepish smile to Coach and made her way to Miss Mullen, not seeing Stiles and Scott waiting outside the door. Scott had heard and he felt a wave of pride run through his body and then guilt. 

That night after school y/n walked home clutching the letter in her hand, it would tell her if the company running the competition will publish her book. This was all she wanted, not like other girls, who wanted to be prom queen. Which reminded y/n to pick up her dress that Lydia had kindly brought her. It was at Lydia's house and Prom was next week. Prom was a little earlier this year, y/n didn't know why, but she knew she didn't want to go as a tag along with Lydia and Stiles because she would be with Scott and she didn't know what was going on. y/n normally ignored a problem until it went away. 

"Dad!" y/n shouting, placing her bag at the side and closing the door. "Dad!"

"In the kitchen" Her dad shouted back, y/n ran into the kitchen. Stopping abruptly when she saw Scott. 

"y/n I'm sorry for what I said..." He trailed off and waited for he to say something. When she didn't her Dad walked out the room, thinking that was how it had started with him and y/n's mom. "I know what I said was really weird but I'm going to explain everything" He said, sitting and motioning for her to do the same. She sat at the chair, holding the letter still. "I thought leaving you alone would keep you safe but it's putting you in more danger... I've asked your dad and I wanted to know if you would go to prom with me? and I will explain everything then"