Chapter 20: Does He Know

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked, my voice raising an octave higher than usual.

"Oh, nothing," Harry mused in a light tone.

"No. Tell me," I demanded, my voice going back to normal. I leaned forward over the table so I could be closer to Harry.

"I just found your reaction amusing is all," he said, dropping his gaze down to his menu. "So, what are you thinking of getting?"

"My usual order of pan fried noodles and General Tso's. Now quit being all mysterious. Why were my reactions 'amusing' to you?" I questioned.

"Our waiter is quite handsome and he thinks you are cute as well. So he is openly flirting with you even though it looks like you're on a date. But how could he not? You look dazzling in that dress," Harry smiled sweetly, looking into my eyes.

I dipped my head, hoping the hair that fell in my face would cover the blush that inked my skin. From beneath my eyelashes I watched Harry reach his hand out towards me. His fingertips gently brushed along my jawline before they slipped under my chin, lifting it up. Letting myself get lost in his captivating green eyes, I could feel butterflies erupt in my stomach, their fluttering wings causing a unusually nice feeling within my heart.

I felt his fingers gently trace a line up to my ear as he brushed my curled hair behind it. My attention was finally drawn away from his eyes when he licked his lips. Right then, every fiber in my body wanted him to close the distance between our faces and kiss me.

"You look so beautiful when you blush," Harry complimented me, causing my blush to redden even further. I am sure that I look like a tomato by now, how attractive.

Before I could softly mumble a 'thank you,' the waiter, Blake, came back with our drinks in hand. Harry slowly withdrew his hand from where it rested on my neck, placing it down on the table beside mine.

"Here are your cherry cokes. Are you ready to order?" he asked, a more forced smile on his face now as he looked between Harry and I.

"I - I am. What about you, Haz?" I asked looking only at Harry.

"Yeah, let's order. What would you like, babe?" Harry asked, trying to hide a cheeky little smirk.

I bit my lip trying to hide the smile that was forming on my lips when Harry called me 'babe.' Even though I know he was only doing it to annoy the waiter, it still made butterflies erupt in my belly causing me to feel giddy.

"I'll have the General Tso's and instead of white rice, I'd like it with some pan fried noodles," I requested handing over my menu.

"Alright, what about you sir?" Blake asked Harry.

"I'll have sweet and sour chicken, with fried rice and an order of egg rolls, please," Harry replied with the slightest smirk on his face.

"Okay, I'll go put your order in," Blake said before walking away.

Harry's gaze flickered back to me and the smirk on his lips was replaced with a grin. I finally let out the giggle I've been trying so hard to hold back. Harry let out a few chuckles of his own, his smile still showing brightly.

"You are horrible!" I smiled when my laughter finally subsided.

"Oh come on, you enjoyed watching his disappointment," Harry smirked.

I bit my lower lip to try and hide my smile but I failed miserably. "Maybe just a little bit."

"So did you like your dinner?" I asked Harry.

"It was some of the best Chinese food I have ever had, but I could go for some dessert," he said as he laced our fingers together while we walked out of the restaurant.