14 ➸ learning

A/N: I was in tears watching the season premiere!!!! I thought I was going to be okay....... WHEN DARYL PUNCHED NEGAN I THOUGHT SOMETHING BAD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIM

THEN HE TURNED TOWARDS GLENN AND I FREAKING CRIED MY EYEBALLS OUT WITH MY SISTER! I WASN'T EMOTIONALLY PREPARED FOR THAT! I NEVER WAS. GLENN APPRECIATION

Okay, continue with the story.

Nora volunteered to help Maggie with look out, she knew the real reason why Maggie was always up there. She was waiting for Glenn to show a sign that he was alive, and was going to walk straight through that gate. Feeling just as sad as Maggie, she decided to be an extra pair of eyes. Also, she started to feel concerned for her older sibling, she was always on watch.

Anyway, when Nora climbed up the post Mr. Rick was talking to Maggie. Nora smiled and put the lunch that she made Maggie down on the post.

"Hi, Mr. Rick." 

Nora smiled at him, then looking at her older sibling. She was about to say something, well give her a lecture about eating lunch while on watch. That was before Mr. Rick ask the question of the century.

"Nora, I'm doing gun lessons this afternoon, do you wanna come?"

Nora's eyes lit up like the fireworks on New Year's Eve, and her smiled widened while practically celebrating in her head. She has been waiting for this opportunity for the longest time, every since the Wolves came to Alexandria.

"Yay! I've been waiting for this for so long," she wrapped Mr. Rick into a hug, and stayed like that for a few seconds. "Thank you so much!"

Nora pulled away from the hug, and climbed down the ladder as fast as she could. She was finally going to learn how to shoot a gun properly, then maybe she could at least protect herself and the one's she deeply cares about.

The afternoon has came around, Nora was walking with Mr. Rick, Carl, and Ron. It was weird to see Ron out of the house, but she feels like there's a reason that Ron wanted to learn gun shooting. And there wasn't a good feeling about it.

Nora saw Father Gabriel posting flyers around, she got a quick look at it before Mr. Rick ripped the paper from the wood and crumpled it up. She looked back and sent him a small smile to show that she was sorry.

Nora didn't know Father Gabriel that well, but she remembers that he was reason for the meeting that had to take place when Dr. Pete and Mr. Reg died. Everyone has changed, even Nora. Deanna wanted to go with plans to expand Alexandria, like Mr. Reg talked about.

The four of them reached an area of the wall that had a table with two handguns, broken into pieces. Mr. Rick explained all the parts to the gun, and showed Nora and Ron the empty magazine and the chamber of the gun.

"Someone's in front of you, they have a gun. Your body's going to tense, and you  have no time to think. You're going to want to pull the trigger when you get it in front of you."

Mr. Rick continued to explain the do's and the don'ts, Nora was so caught up in learning that the tension between Carl and Ron wasn't notice by anyone.

After he was done, Nora fiddled with her hands before asking nervously.

"Can I...." She gestured to the gun Mr. Rick was holding. She stood beside him, waiting for him to tell her how to hold the gun.

"Hey, your finger never touches the trigger until your ready to shoot."

Nora raised her arms until the gun was at eye level, she tried to get the gun in focused before pulling the trigger. She jumped around with excitement, she finally did it. She learned the basics of shooting gun.

"Keep that one with you, okay guys."

"Thank you again, Mr. Rick."

Mr. Rick patted her head, "no problem, Nora."

Nora was walking with Carl back to her house, at the moment she didn't remember that she was helping Maggie with watch. She tends to forget things when she's overly excited, or if she tunes then out for more than five minutes.

What she couldn't get over was that she had a gun of her own to carry around, to just get what it felt like to have one. Since it was her first time officially holding a gun, it felt a little heavy to her.

Then it hit her, she had to go back to Maggie to; 1. Make sure she ate the lunch that she made herself, 2. She promised to help her keep a look out for Glenn.

"Oh my glob, I just remembered I have to go help Maggie with watch. I'll see you later, Carl."

She walked away before a hand grabbed her arm. Nora smiled, "what's wrong?"

Carl didn't say anything, but pulled her closer and gave her a quick kiss. Before she had time to process what had just happened, he pulled away. Carl walked away from her, leaving her dazed. Soon a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"H-hey! What was that for?!"

Nora was looking at the blue sky, her cheeks showed a little red from the event that happened just moments before. She told Maggie what happened, and her sister just smiled at her younger sibling.

Nora turned her gaze to the left of her, and saw green balloons floating up towards the air. She repeatedly tapped Maggie's arm and pointed to the sky.

"Maggie look!"

Maggie climbed down the post, and ran in the direction of where Mr. Rick was fixing the wall. She continued to look at the balloons floating in the sky, wondering where they go when you can't see them anymore.

It seemed nice, until the  church fell onto the wall. Walkers started to creep into the safe walls of Alexandria.

"What are we going to do?"

Hello! I hope you like it as much as I liked writing it. I'll edit it later, this idea came to me like two days ago. I've been writing this for more than two weeks thinking of what to write.