4 ➸ forgotten memories

^^ Beth appreciation

Okay, so I changed who would be playing Nora. I feel like the new face claim would be better for where this story's heading. People do that sometimes, right? Also, this is a flashback, Enjoy!

 People do that sometimes, right? Also, this is a flashback, Enjoy!

Nora was sitting on the porch building her science project for the science fair that was happening on Friday. She wanted to build a laser gun that could cut through anything without damage, and her sisters would always ask how she knew all this at her age. Nora loved science, math, and reading, so she put them together to make her laser gun.

While Nora was screwing in the last screw for the gun part someone sat next to her on the steps. She looked up and found Beth smiling at her.

"Whatcha makin'?"

"I'm making a laser gun that can shoot through metal," Nora held up part that she just finished and smiled. "It's for the science fair."

"How do you do this?" Beth asked her younger sister. "Shouldn't you be playing outside, or even reading comic books."

Nora shrugged her shoulder, "Comic books don't interest me as much."

Nora continued to work on her gun while Beth sat next to her enjoying the nice weather today. Maggie was helping their dad with the horses, and milk the cows.

Maggie came to the steps with two pails of vegetables for dinner tonight. She stopped in front of Nora who frowned when her source of light was being blocked out.

"Maggie." The younger girl whined while her sister laughed.

"You need to stop worrying about that gun and come help us. Maybe if you take a break from only focusing on that you could get it right next time."

Nora looked from her gun to her sister and sighed, "Fine. I'll help you with the cows."

"Good. Maybe later you can show us how that laser gun works."

Nora smiled real big, and nodded her head.

Nora took Maggie's advice about taking a break from something and clearing your mind. She got first place at the science fair.

Today Nora was turning twelve and she was glad to be called a preteen

Today Nora was turning twelve and she was glad to be called a preteen. Nora was sitting in a meadow with Maggie picking flowers for the empty vases in the house. Nora may or may not have over heard her parents talking about a birthday surprise. She couldn't wait for tonight.

Nora stood up with at least three dozen flowers in her hand, and walked back to the house.

"Wait!"

Maggie called for her sister to come back, but Nora was too far away. Nora was about to walk up the steps before someone grabbed her shoulder.

"Where are you going?"

Nora laughed at her sister, "Calm down, Maggie, I'm going to put these in a vase."

"No," Maggie whispered shouted, but soon covered it up. "I need your help tending to the tomatoes."

Nora raised her eyebrow, but didn't say anything back.

Later that night, Nora was sitting on the end of the table with cake in front of her. The lights were out and everyone in the family were singing happy birthday.

"Happy birthday to you."

Once the song ended, Nora blew out the all twelve candles. The lights were turned back on, and the cake was replaced with a present box.

"I thought presents come after eating cake?" Nora asked her dad.

"That's tradition, but we thought you'd want to open this present first."

Nora opened the lid slowly, and looked inside of it. She saw a necklace that she saw in the small jewelry store. She was shocked about what it was.

"The necklace I've always wanted Thank you! Thank you!"

Nora got down from the chair and hugged her dad in happiness. She's been wanting this necklace for such a long time, and she finally got it.

The sad thing was; she no longer has the necklace.