Prologue

"Not funny" -Raemi

"Im not joking though" -Jimin

"Huh?" -Raemi

"I like you, it's the truth" -Jimin

••••••••••••

Mom and dad were a good parents to my brother who aged 19 that time and I, 12 years old.

But one day, everything changed when mom found out dad had another woman. They fought, and mom fainted when dad pushed her as her head hit the vase hardly and bleed.

Without thinking, i ran to mom. The woman next to him was looking at us with her terrified expression. Dad kept saying it's not his fault but mom. Of course we won't believe it. I was disgusted and angry toward dad, as he grabbed me harshly when he saw my expression but luckily my brother was fast to defend me.

Because of what he did, dad slapped him right in the face and punched him hard as if he is not his own son. His face was swollen because of the violence he received and dad was still not in control because his actions show that he did it without any mercy as he lifted brother up and choked him by the neck. 

I tried to help him, but since i wasn't strong enough I was being pushed to the back and hit the kitchen counter. That's what people says, once a person is angry they are not the way they used to be. They couldn't come to their sense which happened that time. My back hurt so bad while the outsider woman ran away leaving us suffer alone in that house.

But i didn't give up, I stopped thinking for a while because too exhausted and pain. I barely stand up but i did, my mind was blank my eyes were teary. The only thing i saw that time were collapsed mom, hurtful brother being choked by the devil inside dad. I need to do something with the devil. The next thing i saw was... a knife. I can't think anymore, i was messed up. We were.  I pointed the knife from his back, warning him because i didn't want to do it.

It was useless, he won't care about anything. The only thing on his mind were how to kill the whole family. "Dad!" I shouted but he just tightened his grip on brother's neck. "You are a miserable kid!" Dad shouted and i can see brother's face turned pale and blue, he barely moved. I didn't have any choice anymore, it's either saving my dad or my brother. 

'Dad, I'm sorry' I whispered under my breath and ran to him while screaming. It's not to show how brave was I, but it's to show how painful is it to be the one whom will hurt your own father. Blood, tears, there's no turning back now. He fell to the ground, trying to reach the knife on his back but he couldn't reach it until he was weak enough. His scream showed how much pain he received.

Hurriedly, i walked to my brother side trying to gain his conscious again. His eyes moved a bit and looked at me "Are you okay" I asked him and he slowly nodded. I heard groaned came from from my side which caught my attention, it was dad. My eyes widened when i saw his face, he looked at me with a pathetic expression. It's not the first time I've had seen that.

He lied down there and pulled out the knife slowly. "Come.." He reached his hand for me, he wanted to hold me and he apologized. "It's my fault" The only thing that i wanted to hear before. I thought he has changed, because it won't be too late to save him now. I accepted his hand and hugged him so tight. I just want to feel love from my own father. But it was stupid enough for me to do that.

But what comes next was unexpected, he slowly grabbed the same knife by his side and wanted to attack me from the back. Just like what i did to him but he missed when my brother pulled me to the back and hugged me so tight. "Stop hurting her!" He shouted and cried while hugging me. 'He... wanted to kill me' i mumbled under my breath. Suddenly i heard my brother gasped, as blood dripped onto my arm. Drop by drop. My neck was bleeding by the side, it was deep and long. "Brother-" I said before i collapsed because loosing too much blood.

•••

The moment i woke up, it was bright and white. "Raemi" Someone said my name and held me "You are awake" He smiled. My brother smiled. Mom was being hospitalized for almost two months because of her conditions, she can't remember anything. She had a slightly amnesia. Brother had scratches and bruised on his neck while I, had a wound on my neck. I had trauma which took some time to heal. 

We discharged and we did our best to help mom. We thought we were free from any problems that involved another person but it didn't stop there. Mom was on her progress to remember everything and that time we were coming home to celebrate it. When were waiting for her, my brother's phone vibrated as he picked up. What happened next? The day we supposed to be happy, turned out to be the day we don't want to remember.

Mom died in a car accident.

We don't have anyone else to take care of us, we were so young. My aunt took us in, she's very kind and helpful also polite. She reminded me of mom, they both has similar personalities. But it doesn't mean that we'd live in ease, her son who named Baekhyun and her husband weren't that helpful. I've never seen a smile on their faces for us. Never.

On that one day, Aunt and my brother went out to settle up some agreements about she being our guardian and uncle went to work already, leaving me and Baekhyun behind as i just be in my room all the time because based on how Baekhyun looked at me, it seems like he doesn't want to see me wandering around. What if he sees me? it would be bad.

Out of sudden i heard a knock on the door which i hurriedly walked to it and opened up. He was there with a smile and asked to get a comforter in the wardrobe since this was his old bedroom. I let him in and continued what i was doing just now. I sat on the chair and opened my sketchbook. My eyes grew bigger and struggled when he suddenly tied my mouth with a cloth and when i turned to the side, the door was already being closed and locked. I screamed under the cloth but it won't work.

He laughed and smirked, he caressed my hair and he held me from the back after he tied my hands and legs. "Let me go" I cried but no use, he won't hear me out. We were still young, how comes he knew all of these things? He... did it to me. My own cousin did it.

Once he was done, he just left me behind with painful all over my body. My legs and wrists were hurt too because of the rope. My mind turned blank, what have i done to receive this kind of punishment.

Not too long after, my brother and aunt came home and found me in the room while lying down  weakly. They asked me what happened, but it seemed like i just lost my words and voices. My aunt hugged me and cried so much. The moment i opened my mouth to say baekhyun's name, she gasped and brother got up. "What?!" I wasn't brave enough to tell anything, which he just walked away to find baekhyun.

I was underage and to check me, they brought me to the hospital. Thankfully it was nothing serious, and Baekhyun used protection on me. The doctor told them to be more careful with me because i was still young and traumatized before. He was afraid if anything happens to his patient again. Baekhyun was guilty because what he did is assumed to be called rape since it's not under my permission.

But what the doctor afraid of was finally happened, the second time i was in trauma.

A doctor named Seokjin was in charge for me. He knew my background and everything that has happened to me. They put me into a single room, because i can't keep up with people around me for a mean time.

We didn't have anyone to look after us, no one can easily get close to me anymore. Even my own cousin raped me.

What are we going to do? That's what on my mind for a while even though i kept on shutting my mouth until i found out that my brother set an agreement with the doctor because he requested to be our guardian. He knows our background so well, but will he take care of us properly?

It's been a long time and everything was fine. I misunderstood Seokjin, i was wrong for doubt him while he take care of us like his own siblings. He was 25 years old and single, that's why he was in a great position to take us in. brother got an offer to continue his study in Australia with scholarship, leaving me with Seokjin. Seokjin knows the best for me, which instead of making me going to school, he paid tutors to teach me at home

Now im 17 years old and ready to face the normal life of a teenager. I need to be brave, not a coward.