Chapter 7:The Schedule

Start from the beginning

I sheepishly shook my head and muttered a "sorry."

He turned back around to continue the lesson as I proceeded to discreetly dig through my shirt. After a few seconds, I gave up and just decided to wait until I get home to remove it.

"Grace." Oh G-d, he's back. I don’t know how much more I could put up with this.

"Okay, Grace I really need to talk to you." Ignore.

"Please, it's an emergency." Nope, not falling for it.

"It's about... the arrangements." Ugh, he got me there.

"What do you want?" I hissed at him.

"I need to give you a schedule for the lessons."

"Are you serious? A schedule? This isn't a class. They aren't even real lessons!" I whisper back harshly.

"If you're learning from it, then trust me, they're real."

"I haven't learned anything. All that has happened was me waking up to walk through the park after midnight, learning meaningless facts about you, taking my first kiss and then criticizing me about it! Sorry if they're not living up to my expectations but for someone who is praised as an expert, you can't teach for shit."

"Ouch. That last one hurt. Anyway, meet me during lunch and we'll come up with something."

I rolled my eyes and turned back around in my seat. He has a lot of nerve to think that these so called 'lessons' are legit. Like, I have a life! I can't drop whatever I need to do just to learn how to kiss properly. What if I have plans? He is just unbelievable.

Why can’t this day just be over with?

~

I can’t believe I’m doing this. It is currently 12:43 and I am waiting for Avery so we could discuss the arrangement. Not only is he 13 minutes late, he has found it a habit to irritate me whenever he sees me. So the only three classes we have together, thank G-d, seem to become his to find every possible way to aggravate me. In English, he threw balls of paper at me. In Chemistry, he kept poking me, until he realized I was ticklish, as I was trying to mix and measure the acidic bases. Then in Gym, somehow the basketball was mysteriously being thrown at my backside, so much that I chose to sit out for the rest of the period. I wouldn’t want to go home and have to explain to my mother why it hurts to sit down, not that she would care.

But here I am, waiting for the prick to come-

“Hey hotstuff.” He whispered in my ear and me being the overly surprised person that I am, let out a squeal as he announced his arrival.

“Don’t do that!”

“You have to admit, that was cute.” He laughed.

“Whatever. Let’s just get this over with.”

“Oh eager now are we?” He smirked.

“Ecstatic.”

“Okay, okay. Come on, we’re going to the library.”

“Why?”

“No one ever goes there during lunch.”

I’m not going to lie, it did sting when he said that. I know we’re not supposed to like each other in any way, but it still hurt my feelings that he didn’t want to be seen with me. I’m just another person, not some type of foreign disease.

I followed him anyway. We walked silently and dodged a few stray people who were left in the hallway. When we arrived, the librarian gave us a strange look as we walked, or dragged to be said more accurately, to the back of the library. Once in the farthest part called the abandoned section, we stopped and the talking began.

“Don’t you think this is a little extreme?”

“Of course not. It’s safety. So let’s begin. I was thinking everyday at 4:30 except Fridays.”

“Why not Fridays? And what if I have something planned after school?”

“Because I take care of things on that day and if you do have plans, cancel them.”

I bit my tongue to keep my annoyance from seeping through.

“No, if I have plans then I will cancel the session. I’m not going to put my life on hold just to get some brownie points with my future boyfriend.”

“Well if you keep talking like that, then you won’t have a future boyfriend.”

“Ugh, just no okay? I can’t do weekends.”

“Why not?”

“Because I have things to take care of.” I answered using his words. I didn’t really have anything to do, it was just my relaxing days.

“Whatever, so is everything clear?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Okay good.” He turned and started to walk away.

“Wait!” I called to his retreating figure.

“What?”

“Are we meeting today?”

“Yeah.”

“What are we going to do?” I ask feeling my anxiety bubble in my chest.

“Well we need to work on that kiss of yours.”

Before I could respond, he winked and left.

That jerk. He’s going to be the reason why I have mental issues, you just watch.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys, I’m a day late. Well technically two days since it’s midnight.

I’m not gunna lie, this chapter isn’t really important but it will make the future chapters go by smoother. It does have valuable information. Look at me using big words, ha.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you so much. Today has been crazy with the reads and votes. I hit 4k and I can’t thank you guys enough. I would really like to get 5k before New Years, maybe even before Christmas but that’s a little far-fetched.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing J

AND I would like to have my first dedication go to my friend, Vanessa. She has a book called No More and it’s a Harry Styles fanfic, if you’re interested.

Ily guys so much. Have a great holiday and read, vote and comment! J

Jessica