gender

My gender falls on the binary but in all honesty, I've struggled with it a bit. 

I've struggled with it for quite a while, actually. 

My parents have always been very open minded and supporting. This is probably why they let me wear clothes that were "insert the name of the gender that is the opposite mine here" clothes. Well part of the reason, at least. When I was little I was a bit overweight and the gender that is the opposite of mine's clothes made it easier to hide my weight.

As I got older things changed. I sort of conformed to my gender. I would still wear clothes made for the gender opposite of mine, but not as often. In fact, my first year of junior high I tried hard to fit in with other people of my gender... To wear clothes and colors associated with my gender.

Doing so did not make me happy. 

After that year, I managed to find a happy medium, with my clothes at least. I would wear clothes made for my gender but only those in cool or neutral colors. I did not pick clothes with patterns or fancy logos. I liked my clothes to be simple or neutral. However you want to describe it, I guess.

Hair was another story. In my second year of junior high, I got a haircut unlike any I have gotten before. On the way home, an upperclassman felt the need to say "You look like a (insert the name of the gender opposite of mine here)." 

His words upset me. What was he REALLY trying to say? Was he trying to tell me I was ugly? 

That wasn't the first time that something like that happened to me. 

In elementary school a girl told me that I had a "(insert the name of the gender that is the opposite of mine's) voice."

I was so young that her words upset me, but I didn't know why. 

Now I do. 

Now I know why gender is a little of a struggle for me. 

When it comes to gender, some stuff such as hair and clothes tend to make me feel insecure. After all, that is what those kids did to me... Point out my insecurities. 

My weight changes a lot. 

I never know what to do with my hair.

My body shape is about as interesting as a ruler. 

I'm not muscular. 

I can't lift things over a certain weight. 

I don't have abs. 

I am only good at one sport and I don't even play it anymore.

I'm short. 

My voice is not SUPER high pitched but at a pitch I don't like. 

All in all, I've concluded that I am (male or female) but lean toward the (male or female) side

If I want to look cute I'll wear a graphic t shirt or bright colors

maybe I'll even wear a skirt

I don't really like dresses

dresses make people focus on you

I don't like all of that attention

ok random vent over