voltron feat. niks

shika = shiro x nika

lmao I just really wanted to write this

It was by some miracle that they found it... The planet. The small planet, that easily could be mistaken for a moon. It is by yet another miracle that Allura agrees that they could use a vacation. Okay so not quite a vacation, but the three days break she granted them feels like a vacation.

The team's adventure starts by them going for a quick walk. Or rather, a walk that was meant to be quick. With various team members finding new things or places that capture their interests during the walk, the walk gradually gets longer. Before they know it, they are within one of the cities of the planet.

Despite there being many loud sounds, the sound of Pidge's excited shouting still manages to get their attention. "Okay, guys so I can't ready any of what the sign says but I know that symbol. It's a wifi symbol! This place has internet!"

"What's internet?" Coran and Allura ask in unison. Shiro is quick to assure them that is something best to be explained later, before ushering the team inside the building.

Inside the building, which the team is quick to realize is a cafe ,are aliens of all shapes and sizes. However one alien captures their. Or rather, a certain NOT alien captures their attention.

"You're human!" Lance shouts, making the human employee who was in the middle of washing a table jump. "What's your name? How did you get here?"

"Lance," Shiro says, with a heavy sigh, "Give them a chance to respond! Or at the very least, give them a chance to breathe!"

"It's fine," they reply, with a laugh, "I can tell he is just excited. I am too. I haven't seen humans in a long time. In fact, I haven't seen any since..." Their voice trails off as they get lost in thought. "Anyway, this is my friend's cafe, which means I can take a break anytime I want. I'm going to take a break and talk to you guys."

/TIME SKIP BECAUSE THIS IS ALREADY LONGER THAN WHAT I HAD IN MIND/

"You were born and raised in the Mars colony? That's really cool!" Hunk exclaims, earning himself words of agreement from  his fellow paladins. "It's a bummer that you've never been to Earth though."

"Yeah," Nika agrees, with a sad smile. "It is. I was supposed to go but Galra ship appeared. Judging by Shiro's scar, I have a feeling I don't need to explain what they did with us." With a brief pause, they add, "Anyway, I managed to escape. I pretended to be dead. It was pretty easy to do since I..." as if by reflex, they place a hand over their stomach. "So, how long have you guys been in space?" Even though everyone notices the random change of subject, no one comments on it. Instead, they answer Nika's question.

After talking with Nika for a few hours, the team decides to leave. "I know you just met us and all," Shiro says "but you could come with us, if you want to. Iftwould be a while, but we could eventually take you to Earth. We may even be able to find your family..." After a brief moment of hesitation, he adds, "We could talk about it to. What happens on the Galra ships. I find that talking about it helps.

Even though Nika is tempted to say no, since their life on this planet is pretty comfortable. On top of it, they know that they owe their friend a lot. However, Nika is willing they owe themselves a lot more. After all, they can't remember the last time they got a good night's sleep. "I'd love to come with you guys."

/IDK WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS WHOOPS/