Goodbye My Dear

I finally gathered enough strength to get back on my feet. I wobbled up as my mother looked deeply into my hazel eyes with her wet amber ones.

I hated her.

I missed her.

She was a stranger to me all the same.

How could she be so selfish?

My eyes wandered down to her stomach.

He or she would have turned thirteen by now. She killed them. It was all her fault.

Heartless bitch.

I wouldn't accept my father's new child as family. It was a mistake. A horrible mistake. It was ugly. Like its mother although not born quiet yet.

It was no brother or sister of mine.

How dare that monstrosity look at me with pitiful eyes. She was a cold hearted killer who abandoned her own children. Her family.

All for what?

Money. That green piece of paper that made people do the most unmentionable things known to man just to obtain it.

"You know your face never changed a bit," she commented. "You still look like my little girl."

I made a disgusted face at her. Her tone went from heartfelt and emotional to a maniacal and angered voice.

"I am disappointed in you. I prayed every night that you were safe and wouldn't end up like me. I love you Emily!"

"Well you obviously didn't do it right you murderer!" I shouted. My hands were balled up into fists "You didn't love me! You didn't love anyone! You only wanted money and fame and look where the fuck you ended up! You killed your own child for fuck sake! Your ex husband!"

I saw a hard slap coming my way and I grabbed her wrist, twisting it in a ninety degree angle. A yelp escaped her cracked lips and her eyes lit up with flames.

"Emily stop it!"

I heard what she was saying and I wanted to but my body had a mind of its own. I had to be pulled off by the authority figures and cuffed to a chair.

My mother's eyes were enraged yet full of hurt and deviance. Her chest would rise and fall with every breath that she would take. She and a couple of the inmates took a seat in front of me and the other delinquents.

Each of them had a few choice words to say to us. They gave us their life stories and how they ended up in prison.

The fat black woman who had gotten in my face earlier went next.

"My name is Patricia but people here call me Ms. Tubby. Growing up I never met either of my parents. It was just me and my grand mum and grandad."

She cleared her throat before continuing.

"We were a religious family but I never wanted to cooperate with them. I was full of hatred. I hated the other children for having a mum and dad. I started to do drugs around the young age of ten years old. It began to escalate quickly after that. By the time I was fourteen I started to work as a prostitute to support my drug habits. It was then I got pregnant with me two twins Rebecca and Trinity."

She began to wipe the tears that streamed down her taut cheeks.

"I'm forty years young now and I haven't seen my children since they were born. I miss them dearly and would give anything to see them one last time. I'll never leave this prison. I have committed too many crimes and it's too late for me now."