The Eye of Truth

I entered the gloomy looking room and sat across the grumpy old officer. Behind him were the detective and another officer who have gathered evidence and were going to take notes on my interrogation.

The seat, the room, the vibes I got from all three men were all similar. Cold. He cleared his throat and turned the bright luminescent lamp in my face before asking, "Where were you at the time of Mr. Harper's murder?"

"I was at our home while he stayed after hours at work. He came home late and stayed upstairs in the bedroom playing the guitar," I stated confidently. "Do you think that I am a fucking idiot!?" he shouts in harsh tone.

If this motherfucker doesn't watch his tone.

I knew I had to be civilized and that I couldn't fight with an officer of the law. The tears welled up in my eyes. "I swear to you, I couldn't possibly kill him. I loved that man," my voice quivered.

The man rolled his eyes. "I'm telling you it was most likely his wife Isabella!" I admit. "She was so distraught when she found out about our secret little affair. I have evidence and witnesses to prove it!"

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "And who may these witnesses be? And with what evidence?"

"Well officer," I began. "On my phone, Eric had called me and told me about when Isabella had vandalized the mansion. He even said she wrote a threat on the wall saying he would be lucky if she didn't kill him. In addition the maids in his mansion all saw the threat written on the wall. "

The officers allowed me to go in my purse and unlock my phone to show them the evidence. I went to my messages and scrolled up to see the picture still there, sent by Eric.

The detective wrote down everything and the officers took my phone to print out the evidence. They also were able to get into my phone records and listen to the phone call to verify my accusations.

"The cause of his death was blunt force trauma, he was seen to have bruises and large footprints on his body," the officer informed me. "Specifically in the head and chest area."

"Isabella is also known to be a very violent person. She has constantly attacked Eric whenever she has gotten angry and has left marks before," I tell him.

"Do you have any proof?" he questioned while adjusting his eye glasses. "Yes," I say while continuing. "Isabella wears a size 10 shoe. I know this because before she and Eric separated, I looked in there and saw a few pairs of her shoes. I only went in there to grab some spare clothing because I spent the night. I couldn't have possibly fit into that because I am a size five."

"I need proof," he huffed.

I really don't like this officer and his fucking attitude, I would backhand his ass so quick.

I sighed as I took off my shoes and showed him the size. The detective took notes and I put it back on my naked foot.

"Could you think of any possible motives for her?" he queried. I nodded. "Jealousy, revenge, selfishness, anger, the list goes on."

The detective wrote down more information.

"What about your husband's motives?" he questioned. I told him the same motives as Isabella. "Do you know where your husband was at the time of the murder?"

"No," I answered.

"Is he known to be violent?"

"Yes, when he is angry."

"Do you have any evidence that he killed Eric Harper?"

"No."

"Do you have any leads you'd like to talk about?"