Rewinding Life

Pregnant?

Just give me away?

I felt my tears brimming at my eyes but they weren't tears of sadness. Or fear, or regret. They were tears of anger.

The walk to the cafeteria was long and eerily silent until we reached the large blue double doors where many voices could be heard.

Once the doors were in reach, the dark police woman opened the doors while still assisting me to the lunch line. She removed my handcuffs and wandered off to patrol the cafeteria grounds.

I huffed as I waited for the slow paced line to move forward. I glanced over to my left to see two girls snickering at me. I flashed them a death glare and rolled my eyes. Slowly but surely, the line started to move up and in less than ten minutes I had my lunch tray.

I noticed that the two girls who were giggling earlier were sitting at one of the nearby tables. I stroll past them only to have my face be met with the cold concrete floor.

It was followed by an outburst of laughter behind me. I quickly scrambled up to see the chili splattered all over my orange shirt and a little bit on my pants. I subconsciously pounced on the blonde haired girl and delivered a swift punch to her nose.

I heard a faint crack and I could feel my neck being pulled backwards and a harsh stinging sensation on my cheek. I could hear the rapid footsteps of the guards coming from every which way.

I punched away at the bleeding girl, my vision turning black and my mind going blank. I was unaware of how much damage was done in the fight. Two of the other girls who had jumped in had been restrained by the guards while the others were attempting to pull me off of her.

I threw punches but missed as I was thrown on the floor and handcuffed. As I was being led away from the cafeteria I gained back all feeling and consciousness. I could feel my heart racing, the adrenaline was coursing through my veins. The dryness of my mouth was unbearable.

My eyes twitched. Words begging to spill out of my closed mouth. To escape my plump lips. I heard the boisterous laughter roaring behind me and it was enough to set off the ticking time bomb within me.

I fought against the cops, ramming them slightly into the door as I turned back around and took off. The whistles were loud and the footsteps were treading closer to me from all different angles. They could hardly grasp me, for my speed was far too great.

Their fingertips brushed against my waist line as I lowered my head. Her stomach was met with the top of my head, pushing her entire body into the wall.

There was a loud crashing sound as I knocked over the crates and trays that were stacked up against the wall. The whining and whimpering that emitted from the girl was a pain for the ears.

I was held down to the floor by my arms and legs. I struggled to get back up, fighting with all the stamina I had left over. I felt a sharp pain coming from my right side. I noticed the needle inside of me.

I suddenly lost all feeling in my legs. Then my torso, slowly progressing to my arms. The cafeteria was fading away ever so slowly, splotches of black darkness shielded my eyes from seeing anymore.

Four hours later

Dominic's P. O. V.

This place is awful.

I shivered in my seat, trying to preserve warmth and sooth my distraught wife all at once. She cried in my shoulder, clenching onto my shirt.

"Honey everything is going to be okay, I promise," I whispered shakily. We waited in the conference room impatiently for the guards to arrive with my child.