Investigation Series Part Two

I swear to God this bitch was next on my hit list.

Emily's face deflated with sadness as she twiddled her thumbs, looking down at her feet. "She told me how daddy died..."

I could feel my blood pressure reaching it's boiling point and my face turning tomato red. "Did you ask her about daddy?" I interrogated. She gulped before stuttering a very nervous and quiet, "Ye- yes. I'm sorry mommy."

I smiled through my anger and patted her head softly as I gave her some reassurance. "Don't worry baby, you're not in trouble."

But that other bitch was. She better call the whole police station and the medics to come save her ass.

I looked over at Dominic who's face was now pale and who was looking at the wall, finding it more interesting. I cleared my throat, getting his attention. "Why do you look nervous?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Is there something you need to say?"

He hesitated before answering me with a very shaky, "No."

He thought he could lie to me? I find out everything there's no escaping it. I'll find out one way or another.

Dominic's P. O. V.

I was hoping and praying to God secretly in my head that Emily wouldn't say anything about what happened in the car. I knew India wouldn't let me live to see the next day. She was scary when she was angry.

"Baby, did Dominic tell you anything about your real daddy?" she asked her. Emily glanced at me before replying, "No mommy." I felt the anxiety wash away as the little girl smiled at me.

"Good," India huffed. She got up from the couch and grabbed her purse before storming off to the front door. I quickly scurried over to her before she had to chance to walk out asking, "You're not going anywhere. You're going to destroy this poor girl's entire existence!"

"No get off of me, she deserves what she's got coming to her. I have some business to handle now move out of the damn way!" she snapped at me. She shoved me out of the way and left the house as fast as she could. I obviously couldn't just let Emily stay in the house by herself if I went out to try and stop her again.

There was no use anyways, the woman always got what she wanted. Nobody could tell her nothing. I huffed in annoyance and made my way back into the lofty living room. I saw my daughter focusing on the television, almost as if nothing even happened.

I took a seat next to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Good job kid. Thank you for that. Promise me that our little talk in the car just stays between you and me, okay?" She giggled and nodded her head.

"Great!" I beamed. "Now, who wants some popcorn?"

"Me!" she screeched in utter excitement. I laughed at my beautiful Emily's vibrant spirit and turn on my heels to go into the kitchen. As I was putting the popcorn in the microwave I couldn't help but think why India was so discreet about Eric's murder.

She was so secretive about it. I mean, at some point Emily would have to know. I have a gut feeling that she is hiding something from me. I just feel it deep within me.

Meanwhile...

India's P. O. V.

I sped in the car and took the short cut to Sara's house. Within a matter of twenty minutes I reached and jumped out the car nearly tripping over my own two feet.