Juvy

Emily's P.O.V.

I was awoken by the violent shaking of someone's hands.

"Emily wake up you're going to be late for school!"

I groaned in annoyance as I swatted them away.

"Emily Viola Hernandez wake up this instant!"

I instantly sat up and looked to my right, nearly breaking my neck from the speed.

My "step mum" was standing at my bedside with her hands crossed over her chest, tapping her foot on the floor impatiently.

"Don't you ever call me by my full name again," I snarled in disgust.

"Excuse me but I am a grown woman and I do as I please," she shot back. "You're such a disrespectful child!"

"Bitch fuck off, I'm nearly seventeen," I rolled my eyes. She gasped at my profanity as I got up to go look for some clothing.

"Get out of my room!"

"Could you have at least asked me nicely for once?" she huffed as she slowly moved from my bedside. She was taking too long to get out so I got behind her and shoved her out, slamming the door behind her.

I locked the door as I went back to my dresser. I picked out a sky blue crop top, ripped up jean shorts with my black Vans and a black beanie. I left my bag in my room and grabbed my phone off of the nearby nightstand.

I left my room and went down the stairs to see Dominic and Barbara sitting in the living room. I could hear slight sniffles coming from their direction.

"Emily, why aren't you in your uniform?" my dad asked as I huffed, "Because I don't want to wear that stupid old thing. It's rubbish!"

All he could do was sigh, knowing that I wasn't going to listen to him nor would I listen to my "step mum."

I head into the kitchen and opened the large refrigerator doors for some left over food. Once I found what I wanted I took it and warmed it up in the microwave.

I took a seat with the plate and stuffed my face completely oblivious of the time. "You are going to be late!" I heard my father lecture. I rolled my eyes and ignored him as I finished up my plate.

I got up and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher before grabbing my bag and exiting the kitchen.

I brushed past my "step mum" without saying a single word to her as she wiped her teary eyes.

What a weakling.

I slammed the door behind me and inhaled the crisp morning air. So fresh and clean. I head in the direction of my school and felt the vibration of my phone in my right pocket.

I took it out and saw that I had a text from my dad.

Dad: "We need to have a very important discussion once you arrive home from school. Very important. I expect you home by supper time.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and ignored the text message as I shoved it back into my pocket. After a few moments later I reached the school grounds but simply kept walking past it.

Max's flat was only about ten minutes away from here so it wouldn't have taken that long to reach it.

After about forty minutes of walking I noticed my slender boyfriend and my two friends propped up against the wooden fence of someone's house. I ran over to them with a cheeky grin and embraced Max in my arms.

He planted a kiss on my forehead and repaid me with a warm and bright smile. "Are you ready to have some fun today short stuff?" he teased as I nodded in eagerness.