Chapter 9: Barbarian Barbie

Magsimula sa umpisa

‘You need to give her your blood,’ Bonnie told Caroline.

She looked at me then bit her wrist, bringing it to my mouth.  I looked away. I’m not drinking blood! Bonnie sighed. ‘You need to drink this,’ she said. ‘You’ll die if not.’

That got my attention. I contemplated the thought. Obviously, I don’t want to die. And I have nothing to lose by drinking her blood. I looked at her wrist, still positioned below my mouth. I grimaced as I slowly brought my mouth closer, and started to drink. The taste of metal and saltiness rushed down my throat, and I tried my best not to puke it back out. Caroline pulled her wrist away, and I felt surprisingly sturdier. They backed away, giving me space to get up. I lifted my body off the ground and stepped out of the puddle of blood.

‘What happened to you?’ Bonnie asked.

‘Rebekah.’ Their mouths formed an ‘o’ shape. I smiled at them gratefully. ‘Thanks.’ Caroline returned the smile eagerly. So did Bonnie. I glanced down at my clothes, soaked in blood. My arm was decorated with the crust of dry blood. I made my way toward the bathroom, and hastily drenched my arms with water. I didn’t care about my clothes. Well, technically, they were Elena’s clothes but I thought she’d spare the black simple tank top and blue plaid short shorts. My legs were still covered in blood, but I ignored that for the time being. I exited the bathroom.

Caroline and Bonnie were bickering quietly outside. I joined them. As much as they annoy me, I can never thank them enough for saving me. God knows I would’ve died if they hadn’t been here. Wait, why were they here? Caroline turned to me. ‘Do you know where Damon’s room is?’

‘It’s upstairs. Come,’ I gestured for them to follow me up. We went inside. They started to search around. ‘Are you looking for something?’

‘A necklace,’ Bonnie told me. I helped them, searching through the drawers, below the pillows, under the bed. Caroline went into his bathroom, and practically turned the place upside down.

‘Ugh! I give up,’ She announced, slamming the soap bowl on the sink. ‘It’s not anywhere in this room.’

Bonnie’s phone rings. Caroline saw Bonnie’s displeased expression and answered it.

‘What do you want, Jeremy?’ She continued to search around. I pretend to search too, but focus on the conversation. ‘Not yet. Wait, what’s going on?’ There was a long pause.  ‘Well, it's not where it's supposed to be. Unless someone took it – well, who do you think? Oh, and you believe her.’ She jeered.  ‘You know what; you're an even bigger idiot than I thought. So wake up, Jeremy, before you lose everything.’ She hangs up.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, and she jumped as if she’d just realized I was there. She pursed her lips and left the room. Bonnie and I followed. ‘Now what?’ I asked.

She doesn’t say anything. We silently go to her car, and I awkwardly slow down, unsure of whether I'm supposed to come with them. Bonnie looks behind her, giving me a look that says 'Come on!' I climb in the backseat. We drive substantially slowly. The roads were dark, the only light emitted from lanterns strewn up all over town. Bonnie’s phone rings, and Caroline answers once more. She hangs up almost immediately. ‘Jeremy's got the necklace. He's going to meet us at the witch house.’

‘Okay.’ Bonnie squints ahead. ‘What's going on up there?’

The car comes to a stop, and I notice what Bonnie was talking about. A car had crashed into a tree, and an unconscious woman lay inside. I noticed a small ooze of blood stream down her forehead.

‘It's Mrs. Lockwood's car,’ Caroline said. A group of vicious-looking men was heading toward the car. ‘Bonnie, I'm going to get out of the car.’

‘What?’ Bonnie exclaimed incredulously.

‘And you're going to drive the hell away from here.’

‘No way! I'm not leaving you!’

‘Bonnie, you've got your ghost boyfriend drama. Elena has hers. And right now, the mother of mine is about to be ghost bait. So go and send them all back to the other side, ok?’ Caroline didn’t wait for a reply. Bonnie speeded away as soon as she was out of the car. I looked back as one the men smiled at Caroline, who was approaching them menacingly. I saw her face transform as she vamped out, then lunged at him. 

A/N

So this is probably the most intense chapter I've ever written. What do you guys think about Miracle and Rebekah's heated conversation? Please vote and comment if you liked it, and feel free to point out any ridiculous grammar or spelling mistakes :P Thanks guys!