Chapter 6: Willy Wonka & Alphabet Soup

Start from the beginning

‘So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?’ Damon enquired, watching the girls giggle as they collapsed onto one another in a heap.

Stefan smirked. ‘These ladies are helping me be all I can be.’

I tried to make my way around the room stealthily, hoping not to draw any attention because, frankly, I don’t wanna die. I stopped when someone knocked on the door. Damon moved past me and opened. A girl entered, carrying a bunch of shopping bags. ‘Where’s Stefan?’ She pushed her way past Damon, who was now standing next to me.

‘Who the hell are you?’ Damon and I asked in unison; only I didn’t say ‘hell’. She ignored us both.

‘He left me here. My brother actually left me here.’

‘Oh, I’m sorry. Your tone implies that I’m actually supposed to care,’ said Stefan.

‘You’re Klaus’s sister?’ Damon questioned.

She finally looked at us. ‘Rebekah. Pleasure, I’m sure.’ She eyed me up and down, the same way Stefan had. ‘Which one’s my room?’

‘You’re not staying here,’ Stefan said matter-of-factly. She looked at me and Damon, neither one of us said a word.

‘Rude. All of you. I’ll see to it myself.’ She sauntered towards the stairs.

Stefan looked at us. ‘So I guess she’s staying here.’

Damon and I look at each other before following Rebekah up the stairs. We soon found her, and guess where she was? My room. She was running her hand over the fabric of the bed,  then turned around when she sensed our presence.  ‘What do you want?’ She asked impatiently.

I took a step closer. ‘Get out of my room.’ My voice was a lot stronger than I expected. She raised her eyebrows and smirked.

‘Oh, but I happen to like this room. So I suggest you take your things and find another.’ I have to say this girl was scary, but I wasn’t about to give in.

‘Now, why would I do that?’ I spoke with a slight accent, mocking hers. I crossed my arms and simpered, completely aware of how reckless I was being.

Rebekah clearly wasn’t used to people standing up to her, and she didn’t seem too happy about me doing it because, in one swift movement, she had her fingers around my neck. My back was pressed to the wall, her fingers slowly crushing my neck. ‘Because if you don’t , I’m going to rip you limb from limb.’ Her voice was dangerous, and just as Damon was about to interfere, she released me. The pain was excruciating, but it only made me angrier.

Limb from limb?’ I laughed at her pathetic threat. ‘I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better threat than that!’ I don’t know where my common sense had gone in that moment, but I can’t say I regret saying it. Damon was shocked, not as much as Rebekah, though. She was also fuming, which was when I realized I should probably leave. So I ran for it, just as she made a lunge at me but Damon prevented her.

I watched as they fell to the floor. I honestly didn’t know what was happening. They made furious swipes at each other before there was a snap! I watched as Damon stood up and dusted his black leather jacket off. Rebekah lay on the floor, unconscious.

‘What did you do to her?’ I asked cautiously.

‘Snapped her neck, she’ll wake up soon.’ He wiped a bead of sweat that trickled down his forehead, then looked at me.

‘Sorry about that. She pissed me off!’ I huffed, looking indignant. He chuckled. ‘Does this mean I get my room back?’

He shook his head. ‘Probably not. Rebekah’s a lot stronger than I am; she really will tear you limb from limb. All I can do when she wakes up is preoccupy her with my charm.’ He winked at me, and I grinned at him.

I gave him a genuine smile then. ‘Thanks, Damon.’ He smiled back, then I went back to my room and grabbed my stuff. Damon helped me with the clothes. ‘So, which room is the farthest from this?’ I asked, glancing back at Rebekah. He laughed and led me downstairs. Stefan was no longer in the living room, which made me feel significantly relieved. He did leave a mess behind, however. By ‘mess’ I mean three dead girls. There was a door in the corner, one I’d assumed to be a closet of some sort, but turned out to be a room just as big as the others. I grinned and dumped my stuff on the bed. Damon followed suit.

My stomach let out a rumble. ‘I’m hungry.’ Damon smiled and we left the house, thankfully before Rebekah woke up.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Just so you guys know, Rebekah happens to be my favorite character :P Please vote and comment if you liked it! Feedback is always appreciated! :)