Chapter No.14 : First day at Slimmer Club

Chapter No. 14 : First day at Slimmer Club

''Anna, where are you? We're late!'' Mom shouted from the lounge.

''Coming Mom, just finishing up the packing,'' I answered loudly back.

I was re-checking all of stuff again because this was very first time I was going away from home. Not for a week or two, I was going for three months.I was little bit scared. I had never left home for this long but I was doing this only for myself. I wanted to lose weight only to maintain my health and wanted to gain a little bit confidence about myself.

She walked to me and helped with my luggage. Her facial expression was showing her concern.

''Anna are you sure you wanna go today?''

''Yeah, mom, I can't take anymore stress living in this town. I want to disappear from here for a while, and I can't risk my health,'' I replied.

''Okay, my darling. I am with you,'' she said and kissed my forehead.

We loaded the luggage in the car's trunk and buckled our belts. Mom ignited the engine, and within a second, we were driving out of our driveway. I grabbed the Slimmer's club leaflet and read their important points and requirement.

1: You can't bring any junk food, which includes, candies, chips, soda, and any other unhealthy stuff.
2: You have to bring workout clothes, which includes; workout leggings, shirts, sports bras, yoga pants, and running shoes  
3: You are not allowed to leave slimmer club without permission.
4: You are only allowed to eat which is cooked in Slimmer club's kitchen.

5: You have to follow your trainer's schedule of workout.

Five rules, not hard to follow.

The Slimmer's club was outside California in the woods, which was a 2-hour drive from our home. In the leaflet, there was a building with vast grounds and a clean kitchen. I hoped that it may be same as these pictures.

-----------

''Mom, when will we reach there?'' I asked as I realized we were driving for more than 2 hours.

''Just ten more minutes,'' she replied while her eyes were focused on empty roads. There were trees around the road and a strange silence.

I closed my eyes for a five minutes. Mentally, I was preparing myself for my new things in life. I knew this gonna bring some new change in my life and I was ready for this change. Then something clicked for me.

''Mom, did someone come at our home last day?''

''Emm... No, honey.''

''Oh, okay.''

I had a memory of someone coming at our home, the day I came back from the hospital. I thought it might be dad, but as per mom no one came. I felt disheartened that he didn't come., I was missing dad so much. I wanted him to tell me everything gonna be good just like a normal dad, but, he didn't act like a normal dad. Sometimes, I thought I was not his daughter.

Beside all these, I got mom. She always tried to make me feel good and support me. Mom knew about the bullying and she even complained to the principal so many times. I was lucky to have a mother like her. At least someone loved me and cared about me. I looked at her with a smile.

As we were getting closed to the building, I felt a little nervous. I was afraid of being judged, and meeting new people always make me uncomfortable.

What if the new people don't like me? What if they bullied me like all the kids in school? What if I couldn't lose weight?

''Anna, what happened?'' mom called me from the spot she was standing in.

I was walking at with slow pace and, didn't realize mom was far ahead of me. I looked at her and rushed to the spot she was standing in.