Chapter No.6:Talent Show Audition

Chapter No. 6: Talent Show Audition

I started the ignition of my car and placed my acoustic guitar in the passenger's seat. Mom removed all the paints and words written on the car. Austin and his friends wrote disrespectful words on the car, two days before.

I drove without any negative thoughts, feeling content and mellow. It was because of yesterday and my worries had disappeared. My best friend and I were back together, and I finally got a chance to sing in front of many people. And I was doing this only due to Emily. I was feeling confident only because of Emily. With her little bit of support, I decided to audition for talent show.

Somehow, things were moving in better terms, and I was so sure about my new beginnings. I turned on the radio and Into You by Ariana Grande was playing. I sang along feeling happy.

I reached the school as I parked and looked around. I didn't want anybody to see my guitar, because they would make fun of it.

Emily was standing with Austin talking to him. She was blushing with a flirtatious look as if he told a joke. He was also flirting back with her. She was the girl who could get any guy, but I didn't know she may have liked Austin.

I was slightly confused, but I didn't want to give my opinion on her choices. Emily finally noticed me and waved her hand in the air. I waved back and smiled before popping the trunk of my car. 

As I glanced around, there was no sign of Lewis because he always stood near his car or beside stairs.

Due to that fight in the cafe the other day, Lewis and Austin hadn't spoken. They used to be the of best friends, but now they were not. My eyes searched for him. I really wanted to see him. This was the first time he was not there.

Stupid hormones.

I walked with the guitar in one hand and my brown bag hanging on my arm. Everyone was eyeing me with shock on their faces. I felt nervous so I walked with my eyes sticking to the ground. Maybe it was because of my dress.

I was wearing a maroon top with long black skirt and lacy pumps. I did wear some makeup, but kept it natural, and added a golden necklace around my neck, which had brown gems over it. The shirt was not so tight and not so loose, it was perfect. It was the first time I dressed like I ever wanted, because before this, I only wore baggy pants with a loose top. I just changed my looks for better impression. This is a human nature, if a person is not broken from inside, they will show it by different ways. And I love to dress up so I did it. I was confident about my looks, but all the stares were so uncomfortable.

People, I'm not an alien.

Ignoring all the stares, I walked toward my locker to put some books in it. I put the guitar inside my locker and turned around to stuff my books in it. I gasped in surprise as my feet slipped because of my pumps. I grasped for something to hang onto before I fell, but I couldn't find anything.

I braced myself for the laughter and it took a few seconds for me to realize I wasn't falling. I opened my eyes and realize that someone was holding my waist. I looked up and opened my eyes.

''Lewis?'' I breathed.

He was standing over me with his arms wrapped around my waist. I searched his eyes as we stared at each other. His warm breath blew on my face, and he helped me stand back up. I pushed myself from his hand as I noticed everyone staring at us. I tucked my hair to the back of my ear.

''Be careful, Anna,'' he whispered in my ear.

''Thanks." I gave him a small smile as I fixed the hem of my shirt