Chapter 20

#WIAE Chapter 20

I looked at their expressions. Tinignan kong mabuti kung paano sila aakto sa sinabi ko. Sandra warned me to be extra-careful... that deciding to come back to this place was almost like waging a war against all their families. I didn't like war. I didn't like chaos. But I also didn't like people not paying for what they did. And whoever ordered my assault needed to pay the debt.

"What?" Ella said, her face contorted. "What the fúck are you saying?"

"That I am also a Dieux? Didn't you hear the first time? Bingi ka na rin ba, alongside being pathetic?"

Napatayo siya at saka malakas na hinampas iyong lamesa.

"You bitch!"

Hindi ko siya pinansin at saka binalingan si Night. My chest was heaving in pain with the proximity. I felt uncomfortable having someone so near... But I needed to pretend that I was alright. I needed to show them that the assault didn't do anything to me. That rather than destroying me, they just unleashed the devil inside me.

After all, even Lucifer was once an angel.

Huminga ako nang malalim at pinalakas ang loob ko bago ko kinausap si Night. Siya lang ang pwede kong kausapin sa lamesa na 'to. I still wasn't talking to Avo. I needed to plan my move first. I realized that he was the deadliest man in this academy and I needed to take that seriously. Lorenzo was not an option, as well. I was not in the mood to play sarcastic with him. And I didn't even need to consider Fuji. My mere existence was enough to put him in a sour mood.

"Are you done with this party? I need help to fix my things," sabi ko sa kanya. Night's expression remained unfazed. Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba hindi ko lang talaga mabasa ang iniisip niya, o kaya naman ay dahil alam niya na talaga dati pa... He had always been helpful. At sinabi niya sa akin iyong tungkol sa Memento Mori kahit na nung nagpapanggap pa akong Deuxiéme. It was a possibility that he already knew of my real identity even before divulging it.

"Why?"

"I'm transferring to the house," I informed.

"What?!" Ella shouted.

Binalingan ko siya.

"Will you please stop shouting? Nandito lang ako sa harap mo," naiinis na sabi ko sa kanya. Ang lakas ng boses niya. Binalingan ko si Night. "So? Do you want to help?"

Night looked at me, as if he was studying me.

"Something's changed," he whispered.

"Nothing changed, Night. I just realized I needed to play the game."

'In order to find the culprit,' I reminded myself. It was my goal. I needed to find the one who did that to me. I should always remind myself why I came back to this horrid place... At hindi ako dapat magpa-apekto sa bawat tingin ni Avo.

Tumayo na ako at nagsimulang maglakad. As I was walking outside, I saw Laurie looking at me. I wanted to come and talk to her... but I didn't to trust anyone. I was done with that. I was done trusting anyone. I was sure she'd understand.

Tahimik lang akong naglakad hanggang sa makarating ako sa harap ng tirahan ng mga Dieux. It was still as massive like the first time I saw it. I didn't want to live here, but I was left with no choice.

"Are you sure you're going to live here?"

I faced Night and nodded.

"Bawal ba?"

"Mapipigilan ba kita kapag sinabi kong hindi?"

I shook my head.

"Then let's get moving before Ella arrives," he said. Naninibago ako na hindi siya nagtatanong.