She lowered her gaze to the floor, thinking, remembering. "...Well... I wanted to challenge myself."

"You don't sound like a victim. Don't let him make you into one. Help me put him away or you'll never be free of him."

She looked down to the bandages and touched her abdomen again. She nodded. "I'll take you there. But you can't kill him."

"I can't take you with me."

"Fine, enjoy your evening," she said, crossing her arms. He said nothing but let out an involuntary sigh of frustration. She smiled and lifted her handcuffed wrists, "Got a key?"

Batman held her as they dropped along the side of the hospital by way of grappling hook. She pressed her face against his chest, eyes closed tight. "Heights, my only weakness!" she whined as they sped toward the ground. They reached the sidewalk, she yelped when her bare feet touched the snow. "I need clothes, mine were too bloody, they threw them away. Haven't they heard of laundry? I liked that skirt," she winced in pain as she spoke. "Should I hail a taxi? Shouldn't take long in this get-up," she gestured to the hospital gown's open rear.

"No need," Batman said as a bright pair of pale blue headlights appeared around the corner, tearing toward them. The Batmobile stopped at once, inches from Batman. The top slid forward, revealing two empty seats.

"Shotgun!" she yelled, limping inside. He joined her. The top closed. "You got style," she said, looking around the Batmobile. "...That much was never in question."

"Where to?" Batman asked.

"Oh no you don't... I'm not telling you where he is just so you can throw me out in the cold."

"Which way?" he asked.

"I need new clothes didn't I tell ya? Take me somewhere nice."

"It's the middle of the night. And Martial Law's been declared. "

"Drat... all right, go left."

After several minutes of following her directions and carefully avoiding military patrols, she finally gave indication that they were close to their destination. "Just a few more feet... yes! Here!"

Batman stopped the car. He looked past her to the storefront she was staring at. Melt's Ice Cream Parlor was written on the glass. She looked at him and clapped. "I haven't been here since college!" she sang.

He squeezed the steering wheel and did his best not to lose his temper. "You told me we're going to Joker's hideout."

"If you think I can turn on the man I love without comfort food to carry me through you're dreaming Batsy. You want Joker? Two scoops of strawberrys meadows and a touch of conversation. That's the price."

Batman looked past her again to the darkened parlor. "Five minutes," he said, and opened the top. She squealed with glee as she tried to step out, before she could, she doubled over in pain-- Batman held his hand out to her. "Aw," she said, taking it. "There's more to you than punching isn't there?"

"I'm human if that's what you mean," he said. He walked her to the storefront and let her let her lean against the glass as he took a lock-picking kit from his belt and inserted the-- a CRASH shook the door.

Harley had thrown a garbage can through the window. She waved him in, "Monsieur," she said, waiting for him. He turned the knob in the door and walked inside. "Oops," she said and hopped over the broken glass, she followed him in.

Batman stood still as she zipped from wall to wall, flipping every switch, lighting every sign. The military had mostly remained stationary but just to be sure they were safe, he scanned every radio frequency around them, no one close by.