Chapter 7

Clara POV
I sit in this tower day after day, night after night, waiting. I'm waiting for someone to save me from this endless hell. There is nothing to do here but wait, think, imagine. Wait for someone to save me, think of who would rescue me from this place, imagine the world I will live in once I can escape.
I have spent a lifetime looking at the same old, grey brick walls of my cell. The room is small only big enough for a small mat on the ground for which I sleep on. It's very cramped, I have enough room to walk a few paces and then I am at the large metal door, the door which blocks me from the rest of the world.
I hear the creaking of the metal door opening, a guard has brought one of my three meals. He tosses the trey on the ground and laughs as I lunge towards the food hungrily.
"What a pity. A once beautiful princess, now your not even human. Just a beast begging for scraps." He says.
I stare daggers into his black eyes. He looks me up and down, licking his lips. He takes a step towards me and a lunge at him clawing the side of his face. He smiles at this action, not being affected by the act at all, smiles as though he enjoys the pain. Well if I am a beast he is a demon created by hell.
He yanks me by the hair and slaps me in the face. He roughly throws me to the ground and kicks me in the stomach. I curl into a small ball to protect myself, and also so he can't see my fear.
"If you weren't the king's favorite prisoner than I would slit your throat right here, well, that is after I had my... way with you." He winks. With any strength I have left I stand up and I spit into his face. He wipes it away and slams my head into the wall causing me to collapse on the ground. He walks away chuckling and locks the door.
"You'll be the one with your throats getting ripped open. And I can't wait to see the blood drain and fear take its place as you slowly die." I mutter through my tears.
I finish my food and lie on my bed, silent tears still streaming down my face. I reached up to touch the bump that had formed on my head after he forced my head to the wall.
I scream at the top of my lungs, knowing that no one will hear me and even if anyone does they would not care enough to check on me.
I can't help but imagine a strong knight riding a beautiful white horse, riding to my rescue. Willing to die for me and he will fight off all the enemies single-handedly. He would sweep me up in his arms and carry me from this cell and take me home.
I can't help but laugh at my foolish fantasies. No one even knows I'm alive and I doubt anyone would care, especially not my father who probably lost his mind after the death of his wife, he never cared for me at all. There is my old friend Cronus but he is still probably too fearful to ever save me and I feel as though he would never love me like how I want to be loved. There is only one I can think of to ever care about me so much.
A person that risked everything for me and even took others lives for me. That person was definitely strong and caring and had an undying devotion to me.
"Myra," I whisper.
I am so very foolish. I saw the sword pierce her shoulder, no way a small child could survive such a thing. But if anyone could do it, she could. She gave me hope and showed me love and loyalty. I miss her so dearly. I felt so much love for her, a love I still do not understand.
It's was nothing like I felt with my mother. She was a love that I felt like a default almost. But Myra, this love was different. Thinking of her long blonde hair and her most beautiful green eyes. How I yearn for her arms around me, to fall asleep upon her chest as I did when I was scared, fearful child awoken by nightmares.
I close my eyes and drifted into a peaceful sleep thinking of my self near her, touching her soft skin. And as I enter the land of unconsciousness I can hear her whisper to me "I will give my love for you, my princess." And I that moment I have never felt safer and loved.