Chapter 4

Cronus POV
I make my way back to the king. With a faint smile still on my lips after my adventure with Myra. She is cold and heartless, but I can't help but want to be around her. I love the way I can get under her skin.
 After tonight I think she will finally start to trust me. But, she will always hold a grudge against me. She hates anyone who is loyal to the king. She thinks he is a ruthless, cruel man. And she is right. The only thing that man ever cared about was his throne and maybe his family.
In one night he lost both, but I think he ended up keeping the one he cared about most. He was never a kind king but after the loss of the Queen and the princess Clara he became even worse... far worse.
Laws are strict, and if broken in the slightest execution is inevitable for men, women, and even children. People all over the kingdom are dying from hunger and illness.
The beautiful garden that made this kingdom beautiful and alive. With all the flowers you could ever imagine, destroyed and covered in the blood of fellow Knights. And the blood of the queen. The garden is dead and with it went the kingdom.
I shake my head of my thoughts. I have reached the castle where I must confront the king. I'm confident that none of the Knights saw me with Myra, but I still fear the worst.
I open the large doors to the throne room. In the middle of the room is a giant, luxurious throne and sitting upon is the king. He looks at me with his grey eyes piercing through me.
"Cronus, did you enjoy scouting the outskirts of the kingdom?" He says in a dry tone. I nod, not wanting to give anything away of my actual whereabouts.
To my relief, many other Knights come flooding through the door. There is an endless stream of them, old and young. All are walking in, tense before the king.
We all stand around the large room looking up to the king. He sits on his throne and drums his fingers against it. We are waiting in anticipation for what he has to say.
"I have received word from our enemy kingdom. Those beasts who killed my wife and took my daughter eight years ago. They say that my daughter is alive." The air begins to feel heavy, and I look around to all the other knights who seem to be as shocked as I am. "She is locked away in a tower north of the kingdom. And I'm sending all of you to rescue her. Many of you will be too frightened to try. And of those who do attempt to save her, may perish. But for the knight who can bring her back to me safely, you will earn the right to marry her. And become king of this kingdom after I pass."
My mouth drops open. I never knew the king cared so much for his daughter. If I were the one to rescue her, I could have everything I desire.
I shake my head. I do not love the princess, for there is another who stole my heart even though she would never know it.
"I want you to get ready and head out in three days." The king yells. He dismisses us, and we all start to head out.
"Cronus." I hear the king say. I cringe. "Will you stay a moment? I need to have a word with you."
"Yes, your highness," I say.
"Ever since my wife died, I have been very lonely. I need a woman's touch." He says in a threatening tone.
"What about all your mistresses?" I ask cautiously.
"Yes, but they get too comfortable after a while. The women want me to marry them, and they want to be my queen. It all gets to be too much of a pain in my ass, so I killed them all." The king says all too happy about it. "Do you remember that little fair-haired child that used to be my daughter's friend?" I stare at him in horror.
"Myra?" I say, the name slipped out of my mouth before I could stop myself.
"Yes. Myra. Bring her to me at once." The king smiles an evil smile.
"And if she refuses?" I ask
"Knock her out if you have to. I want her here as soon as possible. I'm getting rather bored." Says the king.
"Yes." I turn around and head out.
I will not let him have Myra. I must warn her. I don't know how to get out of this one. But I will never allow the Kings dirty hands to touch her.