{Code} - (Pt.2) - Ezra Bridger

Start from the beginning

"You obviously don't care when it comes to Kanan." He clenched his jaw and crossed his arms

"He is- you know what? I shouldn't have to explain myself to you. I abide by the Jedi Code. Without the Code, there would be no balance." I turned around and began walking off

"You could see how great the Code has served you and the others." Ezra told me

I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply. I shouldn't act on my anger. That is not the Jedi way. Who did he think he was? If it wasn't for Palpatine, the universe would be in balance and that would be thanks to the Jedi and the Jedi Code. He knew nothing and will continue to never understand it.

"Don't you ever talk to me about the Jedi or our Code again." I spat out viciously before heading to the conference room faster. I needed to talk to Kanan.

I ignored Ezra's call for me. I hated the effect the younger boy had on me. I despised it. I shouldn't have feelings for someone. I never did so why now? Why with a boy who was impossible, disrespectful, unorganized, and uncivilized? If this was the force deciding to punish me, I'd like to understand why.

I sighed as I walked into the conference room and stood between Kanan and Sabine. Ezra walked in minutes later and I avoided any form of contact from him. Kanan felt the tension and uncertainty in my thoughts so he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I sighed, setting my head on his chest

"Just leave her, Ezra." Sabine said to the younger boy who I presumed wanted to talk to me

I turned my head slightly to see that Zeb was leading Ezra to Hera who was smiling at me sympathetically.

The briefing began with Captain Rex speaking of a base on Lothal that was specifically there for weapons manufacturing. Ezra, Sabine, and Zeb had to get in to get at least three crates of the weapons and leave undetected. Knowing those three, they'd find a way to get attention. The briefing went on to describe more details about the mission before we were dismissed.

I heard Ezra try to call for me again but I ignored him as I walked away with Kanan. I really didn't need to listen to him right now. His last sentence still hurt me.

Kanan led us away from the base and to the fields. I saw the giant spiders trying to encircle us but we had no fear of them so they kept themselves at a distance.

"What is troubling you, (Y/N)?"  Kanan asked as we both sat down to meditate

"I won't be training Ezra for any longer." I said simply

I took on Ezra's training for Kanan whenever he was gone which was a lot of times. Whenever we were sparring, the boy liked thinking if we were so close, that he could kiss me but I would force him to push that thought away with my lightsaber to his throat, signaling that I won the duel once again.

"And why? The boy's grown fond of you." Kanan smirked softly

I rolled my eyes at him," He's a disrespectful boy that needs to learn his place which he obviously won't learn with me being his mentor."

"What happened when I left you two?" Kanan asked, raising an eyebrow

"He thinks that the Jedi Code is a waste. That it is of no use. I understand that he has no experience of anything before the Empire but Kanan, he practically blames the Code for not doing any good. I cannot teach a Jedi who contradicts the basic principles of being a Jedi."

"He's just a boy, (Y/N). He needs you and I to guide him as his mentors."

"He wants me more than just his mentor." I shook my head

"And you don't as well?" Kanan smirked softly

I blushed," You're not helping."

Kanan chuckled," Maybe the Code should be modified. I have Hera and I am a Jedi Master. Love doesn't make you unfocused, it drives the passion for protecting those you care about."

I bit my lip and nodded before focused on our meditation. An hour or so later, I was walking to the room Kanan and I shared on the Ghost before frowning when I saw Ezra pacing my room nervously.

"What are you doing here?" I bit my lip, confused

Ezra looked up and widened his eyes at me," (Y/N)! I wanted to talk to you."

I nodded, taking my jacket off and pulling my hair out of its bun, sighing as I turned to him, looking at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier. It wasn't my place to insult the Jedi or their Code and certainly not my place to blame them for the ending of peace and balance in the galaxy. I was just frustrated.." He sighed

"About what?" I asked softly

"About you. Day after day, I've been falling more and more in love with you. You never notice me because Kanan is more important. It's always 'Kanan this' and 'Kanan that'. You abide by the Jedi Code but I want you to break it for me. I don't care if you're older than me, you're the only person I've ever felt this strongly about. You're the one that hooks me into the light and away from the dark side. It pains me to see that you want nothing to do with me yet I'm just hopelessly in love with you."

I blinked at this sudden confession before turning around and leaving my room in shock.

He loves me.