WRECK (9)

OKAY, SO WHOEVER HAS READ MY BOOK KNOWS BY NOW THAT I DON'T REALLY WRITE ANY AUTHOR NOTES BEFORE OR AFTER THE STORY BUT I JUST HAD TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOME PEOPLE HAVE WITH AMELIA'S CHARACTER, SHE MAY COME OF AS CHILDISH AND IGNORANT AT TIMES BECAUSE THAT IS HOW I WANT HER TO BE, HER CHARACTER WILL BE DEVELOPING THROUGHOUT THE STORY SO NO ONE NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT HER BEING ONE OF THOSE DENSE PROTAGONISTS, SHE WILL DEFINITELY GROW OUT OF THIS STAGE...

WILLIAM

"What exactly do you mean?" I questioned with a threatening glare. The young vampire before me began trembling with utter fear. Rage, that's all I felt when the boy in front of me delivered a message from Dimitri Roosevelt. 

"Y-your highness, L-lord D-Dimitri is requesting a meeting w-with you,"  he stuttered out once more. 

"That bastard expects me to meet him in a civil manner and not take his head off?" I questioned with a smirk as I began stalking towards the boy with a predatory gaze.

"Y-Your Highness L-lord Dimitri wanted me to inform you that he and his men have taken over the northern territory and they are threatening to e-execute the p-people there if lord Dimitri isn't a-allocated s-some time with you in your c-castle without any harm towards him," the boy explained with a nervous gulp.

"Thomson!" I bellowed. In an instant, Thomson arrived in front of me and bowed down whilst shooting the young boy a confused look.

"I want information on the northern territory immediately!" I announced, "If I find out you lied, you are not leaving this castle alive," I declared to the boy with a stoic expression. He gulped once again before nodding hesitantly in reply.

After a few more minutes of waiting, Thomson approached me with a forlorn appearance. "Your highness, I regret to inform you that the northern territory has been claimed by Dimitri's men," his voice sombre.

I took a deep breath, "how long before he starts executing my people?", No reply.

"How long!" I roared whilst grabbing the boy in a chock hold.

"T-three h-hours," he gurgled out; I let him go and his body slumped down at that very second. 

"Tell your lord I grant him entry to my castle; he will be unharmed here and we can discuss his proposition but this all will not happen at the expense of my subjects; tell him I promise his protection here if no harm comes to my people," I acquiesced. The boy nodded in a rush before scampering away. 

"Should I announce to the advisory panel of Dimitri's arrival?" Thomson inquired after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes, go ahead," I sighed out before running a hand through my dishevelled hair; thoughts began swarming through my head. Dimitri was a true bastard to threaten his own people for the inferior humans, I knew once he arrived at the castle he'd try to find my weakness and as of now, my only weakness was Amelia.

I had to protect her somehow even if that meant locking her up in a room until that scoundrel was killed. I was sure one thing Dimitri wouldn't leave my castle alive but as long as he had his men on the north territory I was bound to play the perfect host. 

A slow smile began making it's way to my face as an idea formed in my brain. Dimitri Roosevelt was as good as dead!

A few hours had passed and I had discussed my plan with my advisors who were all very eager to implement it; we had all finally come to a mutual agreement and all was clear about what was about to go down once Dimitri arrived here.