Suicide

3rd person

Soul lay there in bed with his partner beside him trying not to doze off. He then turned to find her sound asleep. He was sitting there and had a lot on his mind. He was thinking that his main goal in life was to live up to my elder sibling: West but never had. He had only completed one goal in life but getting Maka to love him wasn't it. He looked at her sleeping peacefully without any grief. He then began running his finger through her hair. 'It's as soft as silk' he thought coming to a stop. He then began to proceed in getting up out of her bed and walked to his closet. He stared at it then fell backwards on to his bed. 'But will you really do it? The demon said inside his head questioned him about "If that demon thinks I can't do it then I will prove him wrong!" He jumped up with utter strength and thrust open the closet. Rummaging through his cupboard he finally found it. His pistol his brother had given him on his 18th. Birthday. He then proceeded to Maka's room and held the pistol to his head as Blair watched him in horror trying to stop him. He held a piece of paper in his hand.

Maka awoke to the sound of the safety clicking off. "S, Soul" she screamed as he pulled the trigger, splatters of petite drops of blood splattered along the white walls and carpeted ground as his life drained away. He chucked the note at his meister and said one final goodbye. Maka screamed and ran over to his scarlet cover body and stared into his eyes now full of regret. Hugging him tight she felt the warmth of his body drain out She ran around franticly looking for a phone. When she found one on the counter she didn't realise whose it was but she dialled '911' she screamed and yelled at them to get there immediately. When the emergency services arrived Maka laid there lifeless on the floor tears streaming down her face and a note in her hand addressed to 'My friends, Family and, Maka'. At first the emergency services thought Maka had killed the gentleman but then they saw and read the note. It read

'To Whom It May Concern I'm sorry for what I have caused you. I know I have been a burden all my life. I have never lived up to my own family's expectations and now I'm sorry to say it has led to me taking my own life. If this has caused any trouble I'm sorry. See I am just a worthless person who has no reason to live any more.

PS

Maka, I am sorry this has probably hurt you the most. I know life will be hard without me but you can strive on. Maka you were the love of my life and I am sorry it has brunt me to tears writing this letter. In the end I only have one regret; not being able to kiss your soft tender lips. I'm sorry you even made me a death scythe and now all that work has gone down the drain. I'm so sorry.'

Maka fell back down to her beloved partner as she read that part. Tears flowing faster and faster down her face. She sat there on the floor speechless as Lord Death, Liz, Patty and Kid walked in. Liz and Patty ran straight over to their friend in need. "Maka, Maka calm down." Liz and Patty said in harmony still a little shaken. Maka pushed them away and ran out after Soul.

***

The next day was his funeral. Maka cried through all of it. She never left the house but when she did she regreted it because she would never return to his smiling face. Even Blair was down she had no one to play with anymore. Maka couldn't sleep for weeks and would only get 5 hours or so per week. One particular night she fell asleep on the floor where soul had pulled the deathly trigger. She turned continuously but this was the best sleep she had gotten in days. She awoke to a knocking at her bedroom door. Opening it she noticed it was Blair but her hairs were standing and her tail was uncurled. "Blair what's wrong." Maka said a little shaken. "M, Maka I saw something can I sleep with you?" Maka replied almost silently "Yeah sure what did you see?" Blair walked in silently and looked at her friends face covered in her overgrown bangs. "U, Umm well it was like a ghost but it looked like S, Soul." Maka looked up at Blair her eyes widened. "W, Wait are you serious!" Maka yelled running out her bedroom door. She stopped as she reached the kitchen. Her name was written all over the walls as well as 'I'm Sorry'. She noticed it was her partners writing. She stood there frozen but looked over at the picture of Soul and her getting his new motorcycle about 1 year ago. That made her heart sink. In the picture soul was moving and hugging his beloved partner. She ran over to it and stared for what seemed like hours. Soul had looked up and noticed his partner standing there shocked staring at him kiss her in the picture. A ghost like figure came out of the frame as the soul in the picture went back to his original stance. Maka stood there screaming as everything went black. "AAAHHH!!!!" Maka screamed as she awoke to clear daylight. "Hey Maka are you okay!?" Soul screamed turning over his beloved partner. Maka's eyes swelled up in tears. "S, Soul is that really you?" she had stuttered. "Hu, Huh?" Soul said questionably. Maka rubbed her face clearing the tears. She hugged her weapon with all her might and continued to ball her eyes out in his shirt. She had told him everything. From him committing suicide to kissing her in a picture.