Chapter 11- Flowers

Start from the beginning

Cautiously, I lean forwards, inhaling shallowly. I was right. A pleasant floral scent is drifting through the edges of my locker.

I sigh deeply and quickly scroll the combination in, opening it up. As the door opens, a strong, sweet smell wafts into my face as it slightly dazes my senses. Then I blink quickly, seeing the source of the smell.

Flowers.

There's flowers in my locker.

A little stick note is stuck to the side of the rusting, pale green metal and I peel it off.

"I'm sorry.

~Harry"

A childish excitement bubbles up in my stomach and I can't help but let out a tiny squeal. He sent me flowers. He gave me flowers. I hear a couple girls whispering to my sides and I can't help but feel a small sense of pride.

I look around when Harry comes sauntering around the corner towards me. A broad grin appears on his face as he reaches me.

"You got the flowers." He noted, nodding at the bouquet in my hands. I barely nod, suddenly interested in the tissue paper enveloping the beautiful rose buds. After a long moment he sighs.

"Diana, come on! It was an accident! Can't you just drop it and move on? Please, Diana! I like you.. I really do kinda like you-" He looks down and rubs the back of his neck shyly, face red in embarrassment "-and I want you to be my friend again... Please forgive me..." Without a second thought, the worlds tumble off my lips without waiting for approval.

"Of course, I forgive you." His head snaps up to me and I quickly tack on in a lighter tone, apprehensive. "But, Harry.. That kiss didn't mean..anything..."

He freezes.

"... What?" He barely breathes.

I take a deep breath and whisper timidly "That kiss in my room ..it meant nothing.." His eyes switch from hurt, to pain, to disbelief

"So I go through all this frustration and guilt and effort and you don't even care?! I got myself beat up for you! And you say the kiss is nothing?!" He suddenly shouts.

The whole hall is looking and I feel my face is hot with embarrassment. But Harry doesn't care. He keeps going.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you! I've only known you for like a month and I really like you! And you think you'll just throw that away?! No! I'm not gonna plead and give you flowers for nothing. You lead me on-"

I cut him off, throwing my arms around his neck and pulling down his face to press my lips to his.

He pauses for a moment before kissing me back. I hear the halls squealing and giggling and gossiping. But I don't blame them. This just came straight from a story book.

His lips are urgent against mine, as if a hunger eats away at him, but no matter what it isn't enough. And now I can't get enough of the kiss.

His arms wrap around my waist, pulling my torso against his. I can feel my free hand tangle itself into his soft curls, craning his neck down to press his lips further to mine.

I pull away slightly, looking at his eyes. They glitter excitedly, wide in shock and happiness. I smile a little and mumble "I said that kiss meant nothing.. Never said anything about this one.."

He pauses a little and realization slowly sets into his eyes. Then there's amazement as his grip tightens on my waist again. I can feel practically the whole school's eyes on us but I don't care.

I turn to set my flowers on top of the locker then turn back to face the stunned boy in front of me.

"I missed you, pips..." He murmurs. And yet again I'm left dazzled by him. His eyes, his smile, his warm breath on my lips, and the feeling of his arms around me.

For a moment, I forget reality. I forget my "mission," I forgot of the dull ache in my arm, I forget the fact I was in a crowded high school hallway. There is nothing but me, Harry, and the way he's holding me.

His hands moved off of my waist, moving to cup the sides of my neck. His thumb lightly rubbed the underside of my chin. I moved my hands away from his neck, to wrap my arms around his waist, smiling up at him.

"Diana..." He starts. He bites his lip hesitantly before continuing shyly. "Would you like to go out with me...?"

I pause, my mission coming back to mind. Would this be against the rules? Then again, my goal was to change Harry. Maybe if I went on a date with him, he'd change.

Having justified my decision, I nod with a wide smile. He grins widely, pulling my face back up to press his lips to mine.