Chapter 5- Saved

Chapter Five - Saved

It's Harry. But he's beaten up. Badly.

Blood trickles slowly but constantly from his slightly crooked nose, his lip is split, and he's catering to his side. His shoulders move up and down as he pants heavily.

My eyes widen and I hurriedly step forwards, placing my hands on his chest.

"H-Harry!" I gasp. He swallows hard, head bowing slightly. I look past him to see the boy on the ground, groaning softly as he lies on his side.

"Can you take me to the nurse?" Harry asks tiredly, voice low. I can feel his chest rumbling under my hands as he talks. I bite my lip.

If I take him to the nurse, I would have to explain the situation. It'd have been one thing for Harry to pull him off of me, but he pummeled him into nothing. They could have Harry transferred. And that was a complication I couldn't afford.

"Come with me, sweetheart.." I murmur gently, looping an arm around his lean waist. He slings his arm over my shoulder and I stumble slightly from the deadweight.

We slowly shuffle towards one of the exits and I push the door open with my hip.

"Where are we going?" Harry mumbles softly, voice shaking with pain.

"To my house.. Nobody is home at this time of day, and nobody will ask questions if they are home.." I whisper gently.

He barely nods and I steal a glance up at him. His head is lolling limply, eyelids drooping heavily. I grunt from his weight and he notices. Immediately his arm slides off of my shoulders and I frown as he sways.

"Harry, it's alright.. Just put your arm around me. It's better to have troubles pulling you along than you passing out on me." He starts to mumble protest but trails off, swaying to the side enough I have to throw my arms around his waist like a scared child to steady him.

I keep my arms wrapped around his torso and he keeps his arm over my shoulder as we walk. I sigh quietly in relief when we get off school campus.

Now the long walk towards home.

We cautiously cross the street and begin our way through the park when Harry sighs, eyes suddenly rolling back into his head as his knees buckle.

I yelp, barely moving out of the way enough that his massive body wouldn't crush me. I'm lucky enough that I'm able to catch his shoulder to keep him from hitting his head.

The park seems quiet, but that could change any moment. So I can't think of anything else to do, but reach into Harry's pocket, pulling out his phone. My hands shake violently as I dial in Laura's number.

My breath is coming out in ragged huffs, my eyes flashing towards Harry in worry. Then, Laura's smooth Spanish accent.

"Hello?"

Relief floods through me and I whisper shakily "Laura, i-it's Julia. Diana. Whatever, I just need your help." I look back down at Harry worriedly, quickly scanning the park.

"Julia? What is it?"

I run my free hand through my hair, panic creeping into my voice, causing it to thicken and a lump to form in my throat.

"It's Harry! He's h-hurt and I was trying to take him h-home but he just p-passed out!" Laura's voice immediately becomes low and urgent. "Where are you? I'll come get you two." I sigh shakily and mumble back quickly "The park. We're at the park."

She hangs up.

I whimper nervously, looking around. My legs give out as I kneel by Harry's limp body. I can feel sweat beginning to bead on my forehead and my shaking hands push Harry's hair out of his face. The longer I wait, the more a black eye begins to form on Harry. He's still not waking up.