Chapter 12 - Bad move

Sips kicked the stones on the ground. They skidded across the road and halted to a stop when they hit the kerb. Sips sighed and looked up at the big building that was his high school. He looked down to the ground and took out his phone from his pockets. He had 37 messages and 12 missed calls.

All from Sjin.

'Were r u?'

'U comin bk 2 school?'

'Sips seriously'

'Please text back'

'Are u okay?'

He sighed and deleted all of the messages. He couldn’t face anyone at the minute, how would he live it down? Everyone would hate him more than ever.

Even Sjin.

He could imagine how worried he would get if he was gone too long, so Sips decided to return soon. Soon, but not yet. He looked back at the nearby playground, and started to head for the swings. He took out his phone and started to text Sjin.

————————————————

Sjin sat in Silence waiting for Sips to come through the door. He had been waiting all Maths, Science and now French. Lewis had asked him if everything was okay, and surprising so had a lot of other people. Even Toby came over to say Hi once or twice. Maybe He was a good guy. Maybe it was Sips. No. No! Sips was a nice guy, and he was funny. He pulled one prank, not the end of the world! Sjin looked over at Simon and Duncan. He was about to ask for the answer to question three, when his phone went off. 

Everyone turned to look at him. Sjin coughed loudly, and the teacher looked over at him.

'Are you alright, Sjin?' He asked, surprising nice enough.

'Um, I feel.. sick?' Sjin lied. If he got out of class, he could check his phone. The teacher signalled for him to go out, and he packed up his books. He swung the bag over his shoulder and headed out the door, saying bye to certain people. He walked into the bathrooms, dropped his bag and took out his phone. It was a text.. From Sips! Finally he had texted back!

'Meet me at old playground outside school. Now.'

Sjin instantly began to worry. Was he okay? He picked up his bag and headed for the school reception. He was about to go through the front doors when he heard a voice.

'Sjin?' 

Shit. He forgot Minty worked afternoons! He crept a couple of steps backwards, and turned to face Minty.

'Where are you going?' She questioned, While pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Sjin looked left and right and leaned in closer to her.

'I'm going to see Sips, Mint. Please don't tell anyone! He said it was urgent, I think somethings wrong!' Sjin whispered, to make sure no one else heard. Minty looked at him with a look of disapproval. 

'Well, I guess if its urgent but-' 

'Thanks so much Minty! I owe you big time!' Sjin leaned over the desk and gave her a peck on the cheek. She blushed and waved him off. He waved goodbye, and opened the front doors. He began to walk down the path and out of the school gates. He began to ponder what was so important he had to skip class for. He arrived at the gates into the playground, and spotted Sips sitting on the swings. He waved and ran over as fast as he could.

'Sips! Where did you go? Everyone was worried!' Sjin panted, tired from running over. Sips stood up from the swing, and stood in front of Sjin.

'Sjin, you know the necklace? The one.. Kim gave you?' Sips asked, his voice breaking. Sjin looked at him with confusion.