Chapter 11 - Strange

Yo, Sjin. What’s gotten into you lately?’ Sips asked.

Sjin tensed up. It was lunch time and he was sitting at the table with Lewis and Hannah. After History, Sjin had tried to avoid Sips, but he always crept back into his mind. He looked at Lewis and he shrugged his shoulders, and turned back to Hannah. Sjin sighed and turned around. He looked up to Sips as he held an apple in his hand. Sjin looked back at his food and mumbled that he’d be right back. He got up and started to walk away, Aware that Sips would follow him. 

'Sjin, C'mon, Man! We're best buds!' Sips panted as he tried to catch up with the swiftly moving youth. Sjin abruptly turned around as he realized they were alone. Sips bashed into him, and Sjin tensed up, again.

'Why are you following me?' Sjin mumbled, looking at the ground. Sips rubbed his head, and looked around.

'Why aren't you talking to me?' Sips questioned him, quick as a flash. Sjin looked towards the floor, noticing the patterns in the tiles. He shuffled his feet then felt around for the necklace in his pocket. He brought it out and showed it to Sips. 

'You got anything to do with, this?' Sjin nodded to the necklace, and Sips went paler than usual. He looked away, avoiding Sjin's daring eyes.

'Sips, Answer me. Did you have anything to do with this?!' Sjin's voice rose and Sips looked back at him with sad eyes. Sjin instantly knew what he was about to say next.

'Yeah' Sips sighed. 'But you can't tell ANYONE!'

Sips grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him, Making Sjin drop the necklace. Sjin stood frozen in place. He was right, Sips did love him. Oh god, why this, why today?! He hadn’t realized Sips was still talking, And brought himself back to life.

'Shes new, okay? And she was shy. I only wanted to do her a favour!' Sips pleaded. Sjin was confused. 

'W-what?' Sjin stuttered. Sips rolled his eyes.

'Kim? She wanted to give you the necklace! I did it for her!' Sips practically shouted at him.

'So you don't love me?' Sjin stuttered again, and Sips took a step back.

'Wow, dude. You're my best friend, not my lover.  Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun, right?' Sips laughed, and Sjin sighed with relief.

'Then why were you so sad all day?' Sjin asked him, Still full of questions.

'Because you didn't like it! How was I gonna tell her, that you, Sjin, didn't like her token of-' He took a pause, 'luurrvee.' He started to laugh and Sjin joined in. Thank god, it all made sense! Sips didn't love him. Good. Everything was back to normal. Sips slapped him on the back and sighed.

'Is that why you were ignoring me?’ Sips asked as they started their journey back to class. Sjin looked at him, then to the floor again.

'Yeah, haha, I guess.' He giggled. Sjin put his arm around Sips next and Sips the same. They talked as they walked to class. Sjin was glad to have his friend back. Sips was glad that he never lost his.

Sip’s mind rattled with all sorts of questions about Sjin, but one stood out in particular. 

'Would he love him back?'

——————————————————————-

'Martyn, What class do we have next?' Toby asked Martyn, as they walked out of the lunchroom. They would meet Strippin in the next class, somewhat during the middle of the lesson. Hopefully he'd be nice, and someone who he could be friends with.

'Maths, I think' Martyn replied, a grin spreading on his face. Obviously thinking of the trick they could play on the new kid. Toby didn't really have any ideas, but that didn't stop Martyn. It went from leading him into the wrong bathrooms, to taping them to their chair.

'Maybe we could, have him sit on something! Like chalk, but we could write something on it!' Martyn exclaimed, and Toby was considering it, when Nilesy came running up to them.

'Guys, have you seen Panda? He has my books for Maths!' Nilesy panted, stopping the both of them. Martyn and Toby looked at each other and laughed. 

'He ran past us, a couple of minutes ago!' Toby laughed and Nilesy rolled his eyes. He saluted and started to run after Panda. Martyn watched him go, then they turned back and started walking again. They reached the classroom and opened the door. The only two people in there was Sips and Sjin. Martyn looked back at Toby and he nodded. 

They walked in and went to their seats. They pulled a table beside Toby and brought a chair with them. Martyn went up to the blackboard, and got a piece of chalk. Sips cleared his throat, while Sjin punched him.

'What are you's doing?' Sips asked, while Sjin's eyes looked at the door, avoiding eyes. Martyn glared back at him.

'Who the fuck asked you?' Martyn angrily shouted at him. 

'Martyn, its okay. I don't really care-' Toby began to calm him down, But Martyn didn't want to answer.

'Toby, they nearly killed you. You can’t just forgive them!’ Martyn mumbled towards him. You could tell he was still angry, and Toby didn’t see why.

No one spoke for a while, and Martyn continued to put chalk on the seat. It was awkward, until a voice spoke up.

,

,

,

'What happened between you and Sips?' Sjin mumbled quietly to Martyn. Martyn immediately stopped in his tracks. He stood up and looked Sjin right in the eye.

'He never told you? He never told you what he did to Kaeyi on her first day here? He 'accidentally' spilled stuff in her hair, giving her shampoo to wash it out. Except, it wasn't shampoo, It was hair dye. Green hair dye. she went around for her first week at school, with green hair! She burst into tears every time she looked in the mirror, And wouldn’t be seen by anyone unless for class. He made her a laughing stock. Why do you think I hate Sips? He emotionally hurt my girlfriend. And you know what he did? Nothing. Lemme spell that out for you, Sjin. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! He stood and watched as people laughed at her. Thats why I hate him, Do you understand?!’

Martyn shouted with rage, his eyes filled with flames. Sips stood up and left the room. Sjin and Toby gazed in horror at the door, as he pushed lewis out of the way. Sjin was speechless, and couldn’t take his gaze of the door. He had to go get him. But how could he? He didn’t really do that, of course he didn’t. Sips was a good guy, just a prankster. Why didn’t anyone but him see that? What was so different…

Lewis and Hannah walked in with Simon and Kim, and they looked at the gazes of the people in the room. Simon and Lewis both shrugged their shoulders, and took their seats at the back. Kim was staring over at Sjin, while listening to Simon talk about this new game that was oh, so, amazing. Kim didn’t care, but pretended to listen. The rest of the class walked in, with Strippin not far behind. Martyn got up to greet him, the rage gone. Just like that. Strange.

'Hey strippin! This is your seat right here, bud! Hope you have a great time here!' Martyn smiled and took his seat beside Toby. Strippin leaned close to Toby to whisper something;

'Listen, mate. Promise you won't pull any tricks on me? I know im new and all, but c'mon!' He grinned and leaned away. As the teacher called him to get his books, he stood up to reveal a very, inappropriate drawing. Everyone burst out in laughter, everyone except Sjin. He was still wondering where Sips was. He never came back to class. Or the next one. Sjin got worried and had text him, called him and even asked everyone if they had seen him.

He couldn’t just, disappear? This was insane. This year is a rollercoaster ride, and Sjin wanted to get off. But he couldn’t.

Strange, huh?