Chapter 8 - What

'Hello everybody. There will be an assembly this afternoon. That is all’

The speaker flicked off and Martyn looked back down at his book. He was holding back tears of sadness, and of anger. Why did Toby have to suffer for the wrongdoings of Sips and Sjin? Martyn glanced over to the two of them, side by side. Sjin looked pale and weak, and he looked in a daze. Sips looked grey. His normal look. He stared at his book without blinking. Martyn could tell they felt guilty, and why shouldn’t they? Toby was gone. And it was their fault! The teacher looked over her surprising quiet class and swiftly picked up a piece of paper and left the classroom, to deliver it.

The classroom was silent as each student glared at one another. Lewis cleared his throat and turned around to look at Martyn.

'Don't do it Martyn, I know you want to, but don't.' He looked into Martyn's eyes with a sorry look. It was obvious that Lewis didn't care as much as he did. Martyn put his hands to his face, and leaned closer to his desk. He rose his head when he realized that someone was standing in front of his desk, waiting for him. He looked up at the figure standing, and he instantly darted his eyes towards the window.

Sjin cleared his throat.

'What. Do. You. Want.' Martyn angrily mumbled at him, without looking at him properly.

'I just, wanted to say..' Sjin stuttered with his words.

'What? Spit it out, douche bag!' Martyn glared at him, eyes full of fire. Sjin took a step back and mumbled out the word 'Sorry'.

'Sorry, thats all you can say? SORRY? You MADE Toby run out on the road, YOU guys did that. Where is he Sjin, WHERE IS HE?' Martyn growled at him, standing up at looking up at the tall figure. He looked at Sjin, dared him to answer. Everyone else was quiet now. No one spoke a word.

'You think, you can do anything and get away with it. This time you're wrong, BOTH OF YOU! Toby's gone, and never coming back. I don't get, I just don't. Get. It!' Martyn growled at him, tears streaming down his face. He looked around at everyone in the class. Nobody liked Martyn when he was angry, He went into a fiery rage. Martyn looked at Kaeyi, tears formed in her eyes, and that made him cry more. 

'I should kill you. Like you killed him' Martyn whispered in Sjin's ear, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

'Martyn!' Kaeyi cried as she was held back by Panda and Nilesy, obviously scared of Martyn. Sips stood up, pushing his chair over and coming over to stand beside Sjin's side. He glared at Martyn, anger in his eyes.

'You, back off.' Sips grumbled and pushed Martyn backwards.

'Don't you fucking touch me, you son of a bitch.' Martyn snarled, Sips was taken aback. Sips looked at everyone in the room, then back to Martyn.

'But we were all laughing, weren't we?' Sips whispered in his ear, very loud. Kaeyi gasped and covered her mouth while Martyn had a mixture of feelings. 

'Fuck it.' Martyn pushed the desks away and walked out of the room. He went into the bathrooms and splashed water onto his face. Then, and only then, Is when he slid down the wall and cried. He cried and cried. No point in hiding his feelings when everyone knew him. Martyn, the happy soul, never to have a bad thing about anyone. But the bad thing is, Martyn saw it all. He saw the crash, he had tried to stop, but it didn't work. He had watched as the police pulled in, And Toby lay there, lifeless.

He couldn’t do anything. He was stuck. The memories rolled over and over in his mind. 

Toby.

Toby.

Toby

Toby.

And no one would see him again, ever.

.

.

.

.

And then Toby woke up.