Ch. 9

~Alyssa's POV~

I still don't get why Cato had brought me there. I mean I was just another victim he was going to try to kill! And what's with all the kissing!? I mean I'm not saying I don't like it but I mean we don't even know each other and we are going to try and kill each other! Well I'm not, I don't really want to kill anyone but I know I'm going to have to kill someone in these games whether I liked it or not. I just like to mess with people. I don't think I told y'all this but I'm the master at pranking! It's gonna be fun messing with the careers!

I get up and get dressed. ( ) Today was the day. Yay. -_-. It's time to go show the game-makers what we've got. I walk out my room and to the dinning room. I just get an apple and some water. I'm not that hungry. I was the first one there. Big shocker. Like, for real. I'm usually the last one up. I sit down and bite my apple. I hear a door open and a tired looking Peeta walking over to the table. I sigh and take a huge chunk out of my apple. I look at Peeta and he is staring at me. I gulp the apple down and look away.

"L-lys can we please talk about this?" he asks.

I sigh and shake my head, I am to hurt to talk about it.

"No Peeta. Just leave it. What's done is done.'' I say.

"Lys I-I didn't mean to! If you would just listen then-'' he starts but I cut him off.

"No Peeta. I don't want to talk about this. Just please.'' I whisper.

~Peeta's POV~

I can't believe I cheated on her. That was the worst mistake of my life. Now I lost the best thing in the whole wide world. I frown and get tears in my eyes.

"Lys please.'' I whisper.

She shakes her head and walks away. I grab her arm and she turns to me.

"Lys, I love you so much. Please. I'm sorry.'' I say.

I really do love her. I don't know how I could be so stupid! This is what happened.

I go down to the training center to get my ring my dad had given me to wear in the arena. I took it off and forgot it. I walk in and see Glimmer. She smiles at me and I smile slightly. I walk over to a bench and grab my ring. I turn around and she is right in front of me. I jump and she giggles. She walks closer to me and I back away.

"Why are you with that ugly girl? You could do so much better.'' she says then kisses me.

I obviously don't kiss back and push her away and she gets mad.

"If you don't kiss me I'll make sure your little girlfriend will be the first to die.'' she says.

I gulp and nod. She smirks and kisses me and this time I kiss back. I hate the feeling of her lips on mine. I wish Lyssie was here.

"Lys! Please let me tell you what happened!'' I say.

She shakes her head no and walks away, leaving me broken with tears coming down my face.

Love sucks.