Ch.1

~Alyssa's POV~

"NOOO!" I hear from the bed next to me. Me and Prim share a room, Katniss has her on room. I don't mind though.

I jump up and run to Prim's bed. I sit on the bed and hug her. She's crying. She has been having the same dream for a couple weeks now.

"Shhh, it's ok Prim. Shhh.'' I say, shushing her trying to calm her.

"It'll be me. I know it will be. Al-'' she starts but I cut her off.

"No it won't Prim. Your name is only in there once. It won't be you. I promise.'' I say, she nods her head 'ok' and I lay her back down.

"Go to sleep Prim. I'll be back soon.'' I say, her shaking her head 'ok' and I kiss her forehead.

I get up and walk to Katniss' room and see her still sleeping. I decide to let her sleep and get dressed.

I walk out the house, and walk to the woods. I stop at the eclectic fence to hear for the buzzing that's never there. After about 3 seconds I don't hear it so I go threw the hole and run to were my bows and knives are. I walk around and see a deer. I smile and get my bow ready. My steady breathing hitting the string as I blow out. The light wind blowing my hair slightly, and making my face feel cool. I'm about to shot my arrow and send it flying but the deer must have noticed something near by and ran away.

I sigh and run quietly, following it. I stop when it stops but I can't see it because it's behind a tree. I grab a rock, putting on the string, sending it flying and hitting the tree. The deer runs and I chase after it as quiet as I can. It stops to eat some grass and I get an arrow ready, breathing slowly again trying to calm myself so I can aim straight. I'm about to let my arrow fly in the wind, making the noise that I love.

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT WHEN YOU KILL IT!?" I hear someone yell, causing the deer to run.

I groan and turn around to see Gale.

"DAMN YOU GALE.'' I say, giggling at the end.

He smiles and walks towards me, kissing my cheek. I smile and hug him.

"So, Katniss asleep?'' he asks making me smirk.

"Yup. Why you looooove her?'' I ask making him blush.

"No.'' he says, lying terribly.

I giggle.

"Sure ya don't.'' I say.

He rolls his eyes and shoves me.

"Well thanks for scaring my dear away. It's the first one I've seen in a year. Now I have nothing.'' I say, fake pouting.

"Ok.'' he says, liking his teeth thinking. He throws a rock and a bunch of birds fly. I shot my arrow that was suppose to be for the deer. It hits a bird and it falls and we look at each other and laugh.

We walk over to the open field and sit down.

"You know we could do it ya know. Me, you, and the rest of out family.'' he says.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Gale we talk this every year of the reaping day. And you know what I'm going to say, so I'm not gonna say it.... again.'' I say.

We really have this talk every year, and that's the day of the reaping, which is today.

He sighs.

"Yea I know. I know we can-'' he starts but gets cut off by me.

"No Gale just stop.'' I say sighing, picking the brown, dead grass.

"Ok, ok.'' he says, grabbing one of my hands, playing with my fingers.

I giggle and he smiles and looks at me.

"Oh, I almost forgot.'' he says looking threw his brown bag that he brings every time we hunt, so when he kills something he has something to put it in. He takes out a piece of bread and I gasp.

"Is this real!" I ask, taking the bread splitting it in half, smelling the freshness if the bread and warmth of the bread coming onto my face.

"It better be. It cost me a squirrel.'' he says, in a joking voice. "Happy hunger games!" he says in a boring voice making me giggle.

"And may the odds be ever in your favor.'' I say in my fake capitol voice.

He smiles and laughs, playing with my fingers again on one hand while holding the piece of bread in the other. He smiles looking at my fingers making me giggle. I smile and give half of the bread to him. I take a bite thinking.

"How many times are your name in today?" I ask.

"Forty-two. I guess the odds aren't exactly in my favor. You?" he says sighing, still playing with my fingers.

"Um... 50.'' I mumble.

He gasp and stops playing with my fingers and looks at me.

"F-fifty? H-how is your name in there so many times!?" he asks starting to play with my fingers again.

"Well I uh..." not wanting to say because he will get mad at me.

"Alyssa! No you didn't!" he says gasping.

"I needed to! I'm sorry Gale! I'm not risking my sisters lives.'' I say.

He sighs and nods "Fine. I'm not mad.''

He keeps playing with my fingers and I giggle, finishing my bread. He looks at me and smiles.

"You're beautiful.'' he whispers, not thinking I heard.

I blush and look at him to see him really close to me. I back away a little and see he's blushing too.

"U-um I think we should be heading back, I need to stop some places.'' I say.

He sighs then smiles and stands up. He helps me up and I giggle.

We walk to the gate and go under it.

"Bye Gale I'll see ya later. Are we still gonna walk together?'' I say/ask.

He smiles and nods.

"Bye.'' he kisses my cheek and walks to his house and I walk to the bakery to see my lovely boyfriend.