The Princess and Her Knight

Prologue

Fear. Fear crept inside my soul. My very heart bleeding.

"Binalaan na kita! Anak ko ang pinag-uusapan dito, Dante. Anak ko iyong nawawala ngayon!" Mas lalo nyang hinigpitan ang hawak sa akin habang tiim bagang tinitigan ako. His face masked with total fury for me and worry for his lost daughter. "Ni hindi ko alam kung buhay pa siya o p-patay na!" Napapaos niyang saad at sa nanghihinang mga kamay ay binitiwan ako. Pinahid niya ang isang patak ng luha na dumaloy mula sa kaniyang mata.

She cannot be dead. She cannot be or I will really lose it this time.

I gripped the strands of my hair in frustration. I cannot even mask my own emotions in front of him and my men who stood firm on their places, ready to attack kung hindi ko pa sila sinenyasan na ayos lang ako. Kahit ang mga tauhan ni Mayor ay hindi nagpatinag habang isa-isang nakabantay sa likuran ng mga tauhan ko.

"Things got out of my hand. But.." I tried to swallow the lump on my throat as I loosened the buttons of my shirt. "I will find her as soon as possible."

"No!" Mabilis na sigaw nito saka ako dinuro. This is my very first time seeing him lose his cool. He has always been in control of all the things but this time, it is very different. "You will stay out of this! If she is found alive, I will sue you. I will file a case against you. For kidnapping my daughter. And this.. this.. She has to be safe or I will kill you myself. Ilalagay ko ang batas sa sariling kamay so I could kill you! I don't care anymore if my daughter has a thing for you. You son of a bitch!"

Nanggagalaiti niyang sigaw habang ang kamao ay nasa eri, pinigilan ang sarili na suntukin ako. Imbes ay lumabas na ng kwarto at tuluyan na akong iniwan.

Napahilamos ako sa sariling mukha. Frustrated at the situation that was very unbecoming.

"Leave me," napapaos kong saad na agad din namang sinunod ng mga tauhan ko. I slumped on the cold floor, lost and bleeding. My heart constantly yearning for her touch. Ni hindi na magawa pang isipin ang sarili habang iniisip ang mga posibleng nangyari kay Catalina.

Hindi pwedeng labas ako sa usapan kapag si Ina ang nawawala. The least I could do was find her and let myself be lost again than not having her safe and sound in the arms of whoever can keep her safe. Even if it's not me for as long as she's being taken care of, it will at least put me at ease. Because I know, I will never be enough to protect her myself.

Nanghihina man ay lumabas ako para tingnang muli ang sinasabi nilang huling lugar na pinuntahan ni Ina. My chest was burning from the shot I got when I tried to get inside the mansion with bullets flying everywhere. My men against the enemies but all I could think of was her. Always been her.

---

COPYRIGHT

Reproduction or usage of this work in whole or in part in any form by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now known or here in after invented, including xerox copy, photocopying and recording or in any information storage or retrieval system is forbidden without the permission of the author.

All characters in this book have no existence or whatsoever outside the author's imagination and have no relation to anyone having the same name/s and are all incidents are merely invention.

This story as a whole is purely fictional.

All Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2020 by raquealiamar

Original date: May 17, 2019

Date Finished: April 15, 2020

---

WARNING: Read at your own risk!!!