Chapter 11 : Our Sick Hearts.

"And then, there was nothing. Nothing but the choice between living and leaving"
- If I Stay, by Gayle Forman.

Prince Sebastian sat with his legs crossed over the roof. He folded his arms over his chest as another cold breeze swept past him. It was getting colder with each passing day, and he thought it was going to snow again. But something told him if it started snowing now, it won't stop for a very long while.

He didn't have a coat. And it was because of the golden haired little monster who was sitting beside him. She was smirking up at him, in such an innocent way that he wanted to jump off the roof. That look just seemed unreal on her, and he had no idea how Christian spent so much time looking at that face, which by the way, didn't belong to Adela.

"Thanks for your coat." She chirped and batted her eyelashes. Was she high?

"You practically snatched my coat from me." He frowned, "That isn't particularly what you call 'give'."

Adela frowned and crossed her arms over his coat that was draped over her shoulders, "If you are a prince, you would definitely offer your coat to a Princess who feels cold," Sebastian snorted, but Adela went on, "You did give it to me that day in your palace."

"Forget it. Maybe I wasn't in my mind." Sebastian grinned, and Adela made a 'hmph' noise before she looked away, back at the stars.

Forget it. Haha. Look at yourself, Sebastian.

He ran his hand through his hair and looked up at the sky. There were never this much stars in Larcbost. Archensheen was blessed, because it was the main point for everything. But just as this Kingdom was immensely beautiful, they were soon going to face the worst time of the year.

The winter.

Larcbost was their neighbour, so they had to go through the same, but for some reasons, winters were much more intense in Archensheen. And Silvetotia didn't really have to face any winters, so they were all good.

"You look bothered." Adela said, and he jerked back to the present. He was surprised to see concern in her eyes, but she hid it well with a smirk, "If it's your coat, then take it. You look like you're gonna cry over it."

Sebastian frowned, but shook his head, "It's not that, Adela."

She seemed to see he was serious because she straightened up, "Did father say something? Today in the meeting?"

Sebastian gulped in, and looked down. "Everyone is concerned about the winters." He said quietly, "It's coming fast. And it's expected to hit hard this time."

Adela flinched and then looked away, back at the stars, "I know." She said at last, "It's back again."

"But you liked winters." He said.

"I like winters because I see it through the windows of my centrally heated grand palace." She laughed disgustedly at herself, shaking her head, "Those people out there. They don't get that. They die."

There was genuine pain in her voice, and it was so clear she wanted to do something. Anything to make it better.

So Sebastian inched closer to her, without thinking it through, and put his arm around her. She went rigid for a second, and he thought he was doing something he wasn't supposed to do, but then she relaxed and put her hand on his over her shoulder.