The Talk

Chapter 8- The Talk

Avery's POV

      It's obvious who Dean gets his looks from. His gorgeous mother, that's who. Her light brown hair was put in a messy bun with loose, frizzy strands coming out. Mrs. Anderson has high cheek bones that compliment her skinny face, the same green eyes as Dean, and the same full looks. I've never seen a son look so much like his mother. With a frown on her face, dressed in light grey scrubs and black nurse's shoes she spoke, "Rita can you please explain what's going on here because all I know is my idiot son knocked your daughter up."

I swallow hard my heart racing out my chest. This is what I had been trying to avoid; meeting his mother. I've heard she's supposed to be super sweet, but from the look on her face I can't help but to feel a little intimidated.

"Well Mary, please come in and we can go to the kitchen and discuss this."

Stepping aside we let them in and all head towards the kitchen. Sitting down, my mother began to fill his mother in.

"According to what Avery told me, they've had sex one time..."

Dean looked right at me with a look saying 'you dirty little liar'. What did he expect? For me to tell her my whole sex life with him. That's a negative.

"Which was at some party these teenagers go to and that's how she ended up pregnant. She's nineteen weeks pregnant, we don't know what she's having because somebody's legs were closed, and she's already starting to show. " My mom continued.

Awkward silence filled the room and I swear you could slice the tension in the room. Mrs. Anderson clears her throat before turning her attention over to Dean and I.

"Dean I could beat your ass right now, but I'm going to ask you one thing and you better hope that I like the answer because if I don't... Just know I would hate to do this in the Henderson's home."

I see Dean gulp fear in his eyes. Hell I'm scared of his mom right now.

"Why in the hell didn't you tell me sooner!?" Dean opens his mouth to respond, but his mother continues.

"Nineteen weeks pregnant! Nineteen. Do you not realize that means she's almost halfway through with her pregnancy!?" He once again tries to open his mouth, but she cuts him off.

"No you don't because if you would have realized 'oh hey I need to put a condom on' we wouldn't be standing here. Now would we?" Dean doesn't say anything as he stares at his mother.

"You better answer me when I'm talking to you!" She yells at him.

"You wouldn't let me!" He exclaims to his mother.

"Who are you getting loud with? I know you're not trying to get loud with me!" He can't seem to win with her.

He mumbles a 'no mam' before pleading to me with his eyes for help. I shook my head. Hell no she's not getting on me.

"Um Mrs. Anderson?" She snaps her head to me smiling.

"Oh please call me Mary. You're having my grand baby!" She says cheerfully which made me even more nervous.