Lilies

Rating: PG-13
Warning: purely fluff, my dudes
(A/N: I have two requests I still need to do but it feels like I'm forcing them, which I don't like doing. I'm still going to get to the requests, but I need to actually write other things or I'm gonna go back into writer's block and it's gonna SUCK!
also I was highly tempted to write angst, but I'll hold off on that for a while c: )

Jamie groaned and leaned on the counter, running his prosthetic hand through his hair. He hated the slow days at the shop. He needed something, anything to keep his mind and hands occupied before he got too jittery. Sure, it was sort of chilly outside, but there's usually a couple of people looking for flowers for special occasions. Whose idea was it to have a year-round flower shop anyways?!

Hana and Lúcio came into the shop, Hana holding out a cup of boba milk tea to Jamie. He grinned and happily took it. "Oh, yer a lifesaver, Hana!"

"It was my idea to get it for you, man!" Lúcio informed him. "I felt bad for leaving you here with all the work." Jamie laughed.

"Oh, it was a rush, mate! A whole zero people came in. So much pushin' an' shovin'!"

"Still?" Hana asked. "It's spring! Why isn't anyone coming in?"

"It just turned spring, Hana," Lúcio told her. "And just because the calendar says it's spring doesn't mean the weather is gonna magically get warmer." Hana pouted, sticking her tongue out at Lúcio.

"By the way, Jamie, did that one guy come in yet?" Hana asked Jamie, and he felt his face heat up slightly.

Since late January, they had attracted the attention of a large, intimidating, and attractive as fuck man come into the shop. At least, Jamie finds him attractive. Lúcio and Hana tease him sometimes about it, but he just brushes it off.

The man never bought any flowers, however. He would just look at them and study them first. Then one day, he brought in a sketch book and began drawing the flowers. Once, when Hana was taking inventory, she snuck a peek at the man's drawing and was amazed at the attention to detail. When he noticed her, she immediately apologized, but he just tore the page out of his sketchbook and handed it to her before leaving the shop. She showed the drawing to Jamie and Lúcio and they all fawned over the man's talent.

Jamie didn't even know the guy's name and he was head over heels for the him.

"-mie? Jamison!" Hana's voice cut through Jamie's thoughts, and he snapped his head towards her direction.

"Dude, you were spacing out again," Lúcio said. Hana smirked.

"Were you thinking about him?" she asked. Jamie blushed.

"W-what, me? N-No way!" he stuttered. "I was just... thinkin' about his artwork!"

"Uh huh, sure." Hana giggled. "You totally like him, Jamie!"

"Hana, I don't-" All three turned to the door when they heard the little bell, and Jamie felt his heart skip a beat.

There stood the large man, sketchbook in hand. This was a weekly thing, basically clockwork, and yet Jamie always got flustered when he saw him. Hana and Lúcio smirked at each other.

"Hey, Jamie, I just forgot," Hana started, "me and Lúcio have to go get more packaging from that gift store downtown. Can you handle the store for about an hour?" Jamie gave her a confused look before realizing what they were doing.