Memories

Rating: Mature
Warnings: violence, death, gore, hints at smut/almost smut (you'll see when you get there~)
(A/N: quick spoiler, neither of the junkers die nor do any Overwatch heroes! So this won't be too sad ;w; also I would have worked on this sooner, but I found the FULL MOTHERFLUFFIN MOVIE OF HOCUS POCUS ON FACEBOOK AND I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT SHIT IN THREE YEARS IT IS MY FAVE im sorry, story time now)
DISCLAIMER: I'm not 100% sure of how much of this is canon. Some parts are headcanons, others- like Jamie hiring Mako- is definitely canon. So just throwing this out there, okay? c:

Mako sat on the bed opposite of Jamison's, watching as the small junker slept peacefully. He sometimes wondered how he could do so, given all of the shit they've been through. He then remembered that Jamie hadn't been through as much as he himself had. He could still remember their first meeting.

Granted, it had been rough, but he hasn't regretted it ever since...

~~~

Mako was scrounging through the junk around him, looking for anything that could fix his gun. How it ended up broken, he'll never know. As soon as he found the parts he needed, he bent down to retrieve them...

...only to come head-to-head with a shorter, lankier junker.

Mako had his hook at the man's neck in seconds, glaring at him through his mask. The smaller man held his hands up in defense.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not gonna hurt ya!" he frantically told him. "I'm just tryin' to hide!"

"Picked a pretty bad place to hide," Mako growled, not lowering his hook.

"L-Lemme explain... The name's Jamison Fawkes, but everyone else calls me Junkrat!"

"Am I supposed to know that name?" Mako asked. The other man, Jamison, gasped and placed his hands over his heart, offended.

"Wha- Of course you're supposed to know that name! I'm famous 'round here!" Jamison grinned. "At least, all of the bounty hunters know me. Buncha no good drongos, the lot of 'em." Mako lowered his hook a little, still not fully convinced.

"Right. And just why would a tiny junker be hunted by bounty hunters, exactly?"

"See, it's like this, mate. I found somethin' that's apparently very important to a buncha suits. And those suits want it bad enough, they're willin' to kill me over it!"

Mako was about to ask him what he took when they both heard a gang headed for the alley. Jamison immediately tensed up.

"Shit, they found me!" He looked up to Mako, and then he got an idea. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be lookin' for work, would ya?" Mako cocked his head.

"And if I am? I doubt you could pay me, Rat."

"I'll give ya half of the share! Fifty-fifty! If I fail to do so, you can kill me and take my share too! What d'ya say?"

Mako didn't even have time to consider it when he heard footsteps behind him.

"Oi, fatty!" a rough voice called out. "You wouldn't happen to have seen a little street mouse runnin' around, eh?" Mako lowered his hook completely and turned to face the gang, hiding Jamison completely.

"Who wants to know?" he asked, his hand still on his hook.

"Just answer the damn question, you oinker! Did you or did you not?" Mako growled lowly. Why was he even sticking his neck out for someone he just met?!

As if on cue, Mako and the gang in front of him were interrupted by a steady beeping. Mako then noticed something land in front of the gang before hearing Jamison giggle from behind.