Everytime We Touch

Requested by Anonymous
Rating: PG-13 for Jamie's dirty mouth
Warnings: Language (should I add this if it's all the chapter contains or...?)

(A/N: I saw the prompt and immediately thought of the song by Cascada lmao ^^ and also I'm a sucker for flustered Jamie)

"Ladies 'n gentlemen, start yer engines!" Jamie grinned as he let his RIP-Tire loose. His team stood by as it headed for the enemy team, exploding and taking them all down.

"Alright!" Jamie giggled happily. "'Ey, Roadie, did ya see that?!" He looked over at his bodyguard. Mako walked over to him and gently patted his head before walking off.

Jamie stood there, his heart racing. Well, that was new. He's used to getting smacked on the head for his crazy antics, but a pat on the head?

---------

Walking back to the base, Jamie was in a conversation with Lena about her pulse grenade.

"Seriously, sheila, you HAVE to tell me how you make those things. D'ya know how much damage I could do with one of 'em-" Jamie was interrupted when his peg leg got caught in a hole in the ground.

Just before he hit the ground, he felt a strong hand grab him around the waist, pulling him upright. Before he could get a word in, Mako had placed him on his shoulders.

"Watch where you're going," he told Jamie, his voice low and slightly muffled by his mask.

"Uh, s-sure, mate, whateva you say," Jamie stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. Lena cocked her head slightly, shrugging and jumping up to Winston to converse with him.

Jamie was confused. Why the hell was he getting so flustered all of a sudden? He and Mako have been working together since their days in Australia, for crying out loud!

He hadn't even seen his face. He had tried to pull Mako's mask off when he was sleeping, but each time Mako would grab his arm and growl slightly, getting the message across to not touch his mask.

So why was he feeling so... weird around him? There's no way he could be attracted to him! Jamie is Mako's boss, why would he be attracted to him?!

--------

Well... as it turns out, Jamie actually felt an attraction to his bodyguard. He just didn't want to admit that to himself, let alone anyone else.

It became more evident to him when he was in his workshop fixing up on his newest project when Mako walked in, a cup of milk tea with boba in his hand.

"Ooh!" Jamie grinned when Mako handed him the cup. "Thanks a bunch, mate!"

"No problem, boss," Mako said softly, gently patting his head like he did earlier. Jamie squeaked very softly, blushing.

"Y-yes, well uh... g-guess I'll get back to workin', eh?" He laughed nervously, sipping his tea and tinkering with his explosives. Mako cocked his head slightly, grunting in response before going to sit in the corner of the room to make sure Jamie didn't accidentally blow something up. Again.

--------

The junkers were preparing for bed, and Jamie leaned against the wall, looking down at the bed. It felt as if he kept becoming more and more attracted to Mako. Hell, he could be in love...