Stiles was brought into the forest by the fox. He could barely contain his excitement.

"Now close your eyes and take a deep breath" the fox said. "Take in the aromas of the forest, the scent of a foxes natural habitat."

Stiles closed his eyes as he was told and took a deep breath. He concentrated on the scents around him. The musty smell of the rotting leaves and the fresh smell of the cool evening air.

"Now feel everything around you and let your mind loose of your minds restraints" the fox whispered.

Stiles felt the light breeze on his face and rustling through his hair. He felt light and airy, as if all the weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Slowly, his body started to tingle. It first started at his toes and then moved up to his knees and kept going. Soon, his whole body was tingling and Stiles could feel energy pulsing inside him, crawling under his skin as if it wanted to escape.

"I'm going to aid your shift now Stiles" the fox said.

Stiles could barely make out the words but he felt something brush over his hand. The fox had placed his snout into Stiles palm.

Almost instantly, Stiles felt his whole body start to burn. His arms and legs shrank and he felt a weightlessness as he shrank smaller and smaller.

Stiles spine hunched over and he had to throw his arms in front in fear of face planting again. His skin began to itch as fur began to sprout.

The transformation continued for what felt like an eternity. Stiles felt his nose elongate into a snout and a tail shoot out of his rear.

Just as suddenly as it began, everything stopped. Stiles felt different. He felt as if he could do anything. Slowly, he opened his eyes.

What had been a dark and shadowy clearing in a forest had become full of light. Stiles could see everything from the ants climbing on the tree bark to the squirrel camped up in a tree.

"Stiles"

Stiles jumped up in surprise as the fox broke the silence. He turned to see the fox at the same height level as him.

"Stiles are you there?" the fox asked.

"This is amazing" Stiles replied. "Now what?"

"Now I need you to listen carefully" said the fox." It is very important that you stay with me because I need to be there to help you shift back to human. I am also the only creature that will understand you in this form."

"What am I going to do, run away?" Stiles scoffed.

The fox looked at him with a skeptical look.

"Okay, okay I won't, I promise" Stiles said." But can we go run? I feel like I have all this energy and I need to let it out."

"Lets run" the fox answered.

With an excited yip, Stiles ran into the forest to find the squirrel that he had seen earlier. He looked back to make sure that the fox was following him and saw him trailing close behind.

Stiles felt free for the first time in a long time. Stiles loved it. Here, as a fox, he had no worries, no problems dragging him down.

Stiles spotted the squirrel and sped up. They chased, weaving through the trees, but the squirrel climbed up a trunk and narrowly escaped Stiles teeth.

"Shoot there it goes" Stiles exclaimed.

Both foxes stood there, panting. Stiles lifted his head up and sniffed he air. There was a strangely familiar scent, but he couldn't place a finger on it.

Stiles looked around. Where was that scent coming from? Stiles could swear he recognized it, but from where? Before Stiles could investigate further, the fox beside him stiffened.

"Stiles, we have to leave, NOW" Stiles could hear the panic in the fox's voice as he was pushed. Instead of questioning, Stiles ran as hard as he could. Away they ran, from whatever it was they were running from.

After a minute, Stiles glanced back. The fox was give or take about 50 feet behind him. Stiles looked forwards and kept running, still having no clue why.

He heard a rustle in the bushes and a twig snap. Someone was following them, thats why they were running. Suddenly, a bang came from somewhere to Stiles right side and pain shot through his right soulder. Someone had shot him.

The pain worsened and Stiles collapsed to the ground. He tried to get up and keep running but blood was quickly pouring out of his wound. His vision was fuzzy around the edges and his head was throbbing. Stiles slowly slipped out of consiousness.

The last thing he saw was a figure step out from behind the bushes. Standing over Stiles was Derek Hale.