XIII

Present ((credit to Broken_Hourglass ))
Song of the chapter is Soap by Melanie Martinez

"Daddy did you know that bubbles are just pockets of soap with air inside?" Rilee asked me as he played with his toy boat in the bath tub. The room was hot from how much he wanted to experiment with all of the different settings the showers in that fancy hotel had to offer. The air was heavy with steam and the scent of soap. Brendon was kneeling next to the bathtub with me as we watched Rilee frolic in the tub, playing in all of the bubbles and toys that we had bought at the dollar store for him.

"No... I didn't buddy."

"Well now you do!" He exclaimed lifting the toy boat out of the water, making a spluttering noise and then crashing the boat down into the water again. Brendon and I looked at each other and smiled before i leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Are you ready for bed buddy? It's getting late." Brendon said looking down at the watch on his wrist.

"Sure Papa..." He said crawling to the drain to unplug the drain. He giggled at the sucking sound it made, and then stood up, waiting to be dried off. I grabbed one of the thick fluffy towels from the rack and began to dry him off as Brendon went to get his Jammie's. We got him ready for bed and went to tuck him in. Placing a kiss on his forehead and returning to the bathroom to clean up the mess he had made from splashing around in the bubbles I heard the door click and footsteps behind me before hands wrapped around my waist.

"Did you know that you are the best daddy ever?"

"Since when do you call me daddy?!" I mused laughing and turning around to face him.

"Dal!"

"C'mon... that one was good." I said with a titter of laughter, poking his side.

"Okay... it was." I turned back to the job I had been doing previously, mopping up the sopping wet floor with a towel. "C'mere Dal, I want to do something real quick." I stood up and set the towel down as he climbed up on the countertop. He drew a heart in the condensation on the mirror and cleaned it out so that you could see our reflection in it. He stood to gaze at it, and I scooted up behind him placing a kiss behind his ear and interlocking my hands around his hip. I breathed in his warm scent that I swore I would never get tired of and looked into our reflection. us together again. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone quickly before taking several selfies in the mirror with the both of us together.

"Those are cute." I said quietly in his ear.

"Not as cute as you." He responded quickly, looking up from his phone screen.

"What are you doing?"

"We're Instagram official now." He touched his screen one more time and then turned it so I could see. The brand new picture he had posted was the one he had just taken.

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Okay so if I remember correctly I updated last night too, but I honestly don't remember. Anyways. New update. I hope you like it. I LOVE ALL OF YOU.
~SYD