"Hello," Karabo spoke strongly.

"Hello." I matched his confidence and strength.

"Wait – Is he your mate?" Tamia asked me stunned.

I nodded slowly, my eyes were still stuck on Karabo. I was trying to figure him out. He stood tall, I did too, our eyes studying one another like we were trying to intimidate each other. This happened with every Alpha I ever met, each Alpha trying to be the better, stronger, more commanding figure.

"You're really close to my territory." He stated frowning at me.

"I was going to find you in the morning to explain where we stand. We're not here to fight." I said before adding, "We're on holiday until the end of the week," to see how he would react.

"You're leaving?" He asked, his Alpha tone dropping for a second and I smirked having been able to get him to drop his authoritative demeanour so quickly. His eyes darkened as he stared at me realising that I had intended to get that reaction from him.

"Well, we might stay longer," I replied smugly.

"You cannot unless given permission by my pack."

"Permission from your pack?" I glanced around, "We're not on your territory."

"You do not have to be. This city counts as my territory since my wolves make up the majority of the wolves that visit it on a daily basis. Packs around here agree that my pack sets the rules for everyone that visits this city." He said.

"I'm sure we have your permission." Obviously he wouldn't want his mate leaving the country, given how he had just reacted.

"No, you do not. You have not asked." He pushed. I raised my brows.

"You're telling me to ask?" I asked.

"I did no such thing." His eyes had a hint of mischief to them that stalled my heart for a second but I didn't let that show.

"I'm not going to ask." I shrugged.

"Then leave." He said. I felt my wolf whimper and heard his do the same through our link, but his face was serious and I kept mine neutral, both of us acting like we didn't know that our wolves would go insane if I left.

"What the hell are you doing?" Karabo and I turned to Ben as he spoke making me realise that I had completely forgotten where I was and that my friends were still there with us. "Mate? How is that even possible? You're both Alphas." He said.

I glanced back to Karabo. Yes. How was it possible? We couldn't both be Alphas and be mated, it was unheard of. Clearly, it was already a mess and we had only just met...

"I don't know," I replied honestly before my eyes fell to the bag of food my sister was still holding. I was starving. I chuckled hearing Ben's stomach growl. "Beer didn't fill you up?" I asked.

"Shut up." He muttered.

"Beer?" Karabo asked raising his brows at me.

"Yeah, we were getting used to the town. Checking out the area amongst other things, if you know what I mean." I said suggestively. Werewolves were really possessive of their mates, Alphas were ten times that and, of course, being one I knew that. I was messing with him. I could feel that it bothered him and could see it as he clenched his jaw and balled his fist before releasing it.

"I have an area you guys could see." He said, deciding not to say anything about the 'other things' I had joked about, "My home. It doesn't cost as much as your hotel does, you're free to live with me; we have a couple of extra rooms." Did he say...?