Chapter Four

I doge a well placed hit aimed at my face and smile at the little fighter in front of me. Ricky is ten years old and has been with us for a few years now. I immediately took him under my wing and have tried to train him in tactical fighting to make up for his small size. Just as I was about to land a hit on his unprotected side. I hear Pan calling me and I apologize to Ricky as I run towards the house. I open the front door right as Pan is about to open it and we look at each other akwardly. 

     "You called me?" 

     "Um, yes. How did you know?"

     "I heard you." I say simply and push pass him towards the direction of his office. 

When we arrive at his office I sit down in a chair in front of his desk and wait for him to speak.

     "When were you going to tell me?" He asks looking at me with fierce eyes.

     "Tell you what?"

     "You know what! It has been three weeks since you came back and you still havn't spoken a word about what has happened to you! How long did you think you could keep this from me?" 

I search his eyes for any sign of him bluffing and findnothing but truth in his green orbs.

     "How did you find out?"

     "several things pointed to it. From your eyes flashing gold to your speed and hearing.Tell me what happened! How are you now a werewolf?"

     "Do you remember the job we did in region five? The day I went missing? That was the day I died. While you were leading the boys to our escape I stayed a few yards away to make sure no one was coming after us. A hired gunman was positioned behind you and had a hun aimed at your back. Before the bullet could reach you I jumped in its path and it was a fatal wound. The gunman was also a werewolf and changed me once he figured out that I wouldn't live without superior healing abilities. He took me to his pack house and when I awoke he told me that i was his mate. Over the course of three months we grew close until he told me that he found out where you lived. He told me that he was going to kill you and anyone with you for causing him to hurt his mate. I did the only thing I could to protect you and the boys. I killed him. He was set on his revenge and could not be reasoned with." 

A single tear ran down my face as I told my tale and remembered the face of my mate. The pain had been excruciating at first, but had subsided over the years. 

     "Who was he." Pan looked at me in pity and asked me in a whisper.

     "Jarod Moonstone." I replied looking down.

     "So you are telling me that you took a bullet for me, turned into a werewolf, fell in love, and killed the most powerful alpha in, oh I don't know, THE WORLD?" 

I laugh bitterly at his bluntness. Pan always has a way of getting to the point.

    "Yes." 

     "So that is why we have black elves threatening our borders."

     "WHAT?!?"

PLease vote and comment! Next update when I reach five votes!! Comment or message me any ideas you have and I might use it in the story!! THANK YOU FOR READING!!