Chapter 10 : Something's Not Right.

Start from the beginning

Adela had to blink twice to bring her mind back from the thoughts of his muscles moving like that.

"Let's do it then, Princess." Sebastian grinned down at the Princess, and she moved to position herself in front of Sebastian, her stick at the ready.

"On the count of three. One, two..." Edgar said, "and three!"

They both moved at the same time, as his stick struck hers, and before she even knew, he had moved to strike his next move on her. She blocked it with a grunt, as she willed strength into her arms. On the other hand, it seemed like the Prince was facing nothing it all.

He moved with a dancer's grace, so smooth and feral as he struck blows over blows. They both were breathless as they both continued their duet. But then she missed to deflect one blow, and he didn't miss the chance to hit on her stick as it went flying away, and in a moment he was right in front of her, his stick held against her neck.

They couldn't say anything, because they were too busy trying to catch their breaths. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest, but Sebastian was so close that she felt his chest heaving up and down unevenly against her. His breath mingled with hers, as he raised his eyes to meet hers.

And just for a moment, his gaze lingered down to her lips.

Adela's mind was going wild until he stayed like that, but then Edgar cleared his throat and he blinked, as he slowly moved back and dropped his stick.

He managed to pull a smirk over his face, "Looks like someone's dead."

Edgar laughed and clapped his hands, "Whoa, man. That was intense."

Adela wondered which part of the whole thing did he find intense.

But she frowned, "I can't believe you defeated me."

"He is better than me." Edgar chuckled, "Perhaps you can train with him while he's here."

Oh. Really?

Sebastian snorted and went over to take his coat, as he put it on and buttoned it till the top.

"I am so late." He chuckled, "I must go. Shouldn't keep father waiting for long." With one hand, he smoothed down the coat, and then ran his fingers through his hair.

His eyes came to hers, and there was so much in them. Curiosity, uncertainty, like he was trying to figure her out. But he smiled, "I'll see you around, Adela."

With that, he was out of the hall, with Edgar smirking at her.

"You have been hiding a lot."

"What? No. What do you mean?" She laughed nervously.

"From Princess Adela to Adela is quite a step up, don't you think?" He grinned.

She knew what she felt when he called her just Adela, but she cleared her throat.

"I'm gonna take a bath." She smiled at him, and then she was out before waiting for her brother's response.

Prince Sebastian stood in his room, with no lights on. The only illumination was from the full moon outside his window, lighting up Archensheen in a beautiful way. He liked it just this way, dark. Dull.

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed, and then walked towards the window.

He couldn't get this morning out of his head. He had been so close to the Princess, so damn close. And the way she was staring at him, it drove him out of his mind. And when their eyes met, he forgot everything. Forgot that they were working on a plan to get rid of each other. Forgot that they were trying everything they could to stay away from each other.

But he thought, what it'd be like to kiss her? And the way she let out a shaky breath as his eyes moved down to her lips- Insane. He was going insane.

He looked down, but he didn't see anything that surprised him. Under the dark, he saw Adela and Prince Christian, strolling together in the Gardens. Her golden hair shone in the moonlight. Prince Christian leaned towards her to say something in her ear, and she laughed along with him. He kept looking at her like she was the only thing he could see.

He didn't really like him, Sebastian decided, as he moved back into the dark of his room and fell down over his bed. Hoping he would sleep this thing off.

Hope was all he had to hold on to.

A/N: All my Princesses, (And Princes too, maybe. LOL. Are there any Princes here?) We have AT LAST reached 1K views.

*Does a victory dance*

I swear I love you all SO much. I couldn't do it without you all! THANK YOU for staying with me through these 10 chapters. :*

xoxo.