"Huh? Oh, because I couldn't be seen in the hallway knocking on your door." he replies.

"Oh..." I reply. I'm not sure about this guy. But before I could make a decision of trust, he pulls me out of the room.

"We need to go now, before he comes back!" he says. In the heat of the moment, I just followed, too overwhelmed with shock to think of consequences of Damien finding out.

We rush down the hallway to another room. He pushes me in and closes the door. I look around. We are just in a bedroom. I walk over the dresser and take out sweat pants and a T-shirt. I rush into the bathroom that is connected to the bedroom. Once I finish getting dressed, I walk back out to the bedroom. The stranger is sitting on the bed staring at me.

"Uh, so what's the plan?" I ask, feeling awkward. He just smiles, then gets up and strides toward me.

"What are you doing?" I back up, but he continues to get closer. Fearing the worst, I bolt for the door. I manage to unlock it, but he soon has me. He turns me towards him and holds down my arms.

Got her. She's mine now. His thoughts ring throughout my head.

"That was too easy." The stranger laughs. I struggle, but his grip is iron. I couldn't tell in the bathroom, but now I see his pale skin and bright eyes. Great, alone with another vampire, and this one probably doesn't have a problem with killing me.

"Fuck..." I mumble. He laughs at my realization of what he is. I scream as loud as I can.

Shit! He thinks.

He puts his hand over my mouth, put I turn away and keep shouting. "Damien! Damien help!" I shout. He's now my only chance to survive.

Ugh, this bitch... The thoughts say.

"Damien! Hurry! I'm in here! Damien!!!" I scream. The stranger finally manages to cover my mouth. He lowers his mouth do my neck. I scream as loud as I ever have. Even though his hand was over my mouth, I know that scream was heard all throughout the hallway and the rooms that are connected to it.

Just as I feel the sting of his teeth in my neck, the door we are leaning on is being beat on.

Shit, shit, shit! He thinks.

The door pushes both of us forward as someone breaks in. I back away from the stranger and up against the wall. I start hyperventilating. I almost died, right here. I hold on to my knees and try to focused on something else, but the room is blurry. I can hear fighting but I can't see it. I eventually give up and hide my head in my knees. I just keep hyperventilating, unable to catch my breath. Eventually, the fighting noises stop. I hear someone run up to me.

They pick me up and I am soon being carried down the hallway. He doesn't have any thoughts, he must be determined on getting somewhere. My vision finally clears up and I look to see my savior. I expect to see Damien's face, but I instead see Nate.

"Nate?" I mumble, still a little shaken. He looks down and smiles at me, but then continues on his way. He turns a few corners and then opens a door. We are in a kitchen type area, but its fit for a five star chef. I see Damien's back. He whistles a happy tune while he cooks something.

"Damien." Nate says.

Damien turns and his happy face drops. He rushes over and takes me from Nates arms.

"Skyler? What happened? Are you okay?" Damien asks.

I nod. "Just fine, thanks to Nate, I can stand." He let's me to the ground and I lean on Damien for support.

"Nate, what happened?" Damien asks.

"One of the lower workers had her in his bedroom. I was walking down the hall when I heard her scream. I busted through the door and took him down. I think he was going to drink her, she has two punctures on her neck." he points to the left side of my neck.

Damien gently takes my face and turns it so he can see my neck. He growls. "Did you kill him?" he asks angrily.

"No sir, he's still unconscious, I didn't want to kill anyone without higher order consent." Nate says, somewhat defensively.

"Good, I have the honor. Thank you, for saving her. Could you take her back to her room?" Damien asks.

"Yeah, no problem." Nate says. Without protest, he picks me up and rushes me to my room. He places me in my bed. Before he leaves, I hear one thought from him.

Sweet dreams, Skyler.

And with that, I pass out, overwhelmed with what just took place.