"You want to go to the top?" He asked.

"I don't know, Li...it's really high." You said as you looked up at the tower.

"Don't worry it will be fine. And I'll be right there with you." He said as he took your hand and led your towards the tower.

You got in the elevator that took you to the top. The sides of the elevator were clear and you could see everything. As you got higher you started getting a little scared.

"Don't worry love, I'm right here." Liam said as he rubbed your back. You gave him a small smile and wrapped your arms around his torso.

After enjoying the view from the top (while holding tightly to Liam the entire time) the two of you made your way back down and headed to the Pont de l'Archevêché over looking the Seine River, something you had always wanted to do with Liam.

You looked at all of the locks that had been secured to the bridge by couples before you. You frowned a little when you realized that you and Liam hadn't bought a lock and key so that the two of you could add your own lock to the collection.

"What's wrong, love?" Liam asked as he looked down at you.

"Well...I've always wanted to come to Paris and put a lock on the bridge but we forgot to get a lock." You said.

Liam's lips curved into a smile as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a gold padlock.

"Liam! Where did you get that?" You asked.

"I packed it before we left because I knew you'd probably forget." He said.

"Thank you, Liam. You're the best!" You said as you stepped towards him and gave him a hug.

"I just wanted it to be perfect." He said. "Do you want to do the honors?" He asked as he handed you the small gold padlock that was in his hands.

You took it and looked down at the bridge looking for the perfect place to put it. You found a small opening in the middle of the bridge and bent down. You smiled as you saw that Liam had carved an engraving into the side of the padlock. LP + Y/N.

You hooked the round part of the lock around the railing and then smiled up at Liam.

"You sure you want me to lock it? It means forever." You said.

"I'm sure. I want to spend forever with you, babe." He said as he squatted down next to you. He put his hand on your back and watched as you slowly clicked the lock into place. You jiggled the lock a few times to make sure it was secure.

The two of you stood up and Liam wrapped his arms around you and leaned in to give you a kiss. You closed your eyes and felt his lips touch yours. It wasn't a passionate kiss like some of the ones you two share, instead it was sweet and gentle and full of love.

He pulled away from the kiss and then reached into his pocket and pulled out the key. He handed it to you and you carefully gripped it between your thumb and index finger.

"Forever?" You asked as you smiled at him.

"Forever." He said as he wrapped an arm around your waist. You smiled up at him and then turned to look down at the waters of the river below. You took a deep breath and then threw the key over the railing and watched as it fell to the water below, symbolizing that the love you and Liam share would last forever

You turned to Liam who had reached up and ran his hand through his hair. It looked like he was nervous but what would he be nervous about?

"Are you okay, Li?" You asked as you looked over at him.

"Yeah I'm okay, love." He said as his eyes finally met yours.

"You sure?" You asked.

"Yeah, I've never been better. There's just something I was thinking about just now..."

"Do you regret doing the lock thing?" You asked.

"No, of course I don't baby. I want to spend forever with you and putting the lock on the bridge is one way of showing you that I want to be with you forever. But there was one other way that I want to show you." He said.

"What are you talking about, Li?" You asked as you looked at him.

"Y/full/n, you are the greatest gift I've ever received. I wake up everyday and I can't believe how lucky I am to get to call you mine. You're smart, beautiful, funny, caring, and so much more. You're carefree but also the most intense overthinker I've ever met. Sometimes you have everything organized and sometimes you're a complete and absolute mess, but I love it. I love you. All of you. And there is nothing more I want than to wake up next to your beautiful face everyday for the rest of me life..." he said and then he reached into his pocket as he lowered down to one knee.

Your hands flew up to cover your mouth and you felt tears begin to form in your eyes when you realized what was happening.

"Y/n, will you marry me?" He asked as he looked up at you and bit his bottom lip nervously as he waited for you to respond.

You looked down at his brown eyes and then looked down at the diamon ring he was holding. It was one of the rings you had always wanted. You couldn't believe he had picked it out.

"Yes," you said quietly as you nodded your head. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

His lips curved into a smile and his entire face lit up. He took your left hand in his and carefully slid the ring on your finger before standing up and wrapping his arms around you as he engulfed you in a huge hug. He spun you around and you buried your face in his chest.

"I love you." You said as you pulled your face out of his chest and looked up at him.

"I love you too, baby. Can you believe we're getting married?" He asked.

"It doesn't even feel real. But I'm so excited!" You said.

He smiled and leaned down to give you another kiss. The two of you stood there embracing each other on the bridge and sharing a kiss for a few more moments. Then he let go of you and interlocked your hands together as the two of you walked off the bridge to continue exploring the city.

**Author's Note**

Hey guys here is the second update of the wedding series. Louis' chapter should be up tomorrow sometime I have it mostly written, just need to finish the last bit of it and then revise it.! Hope you guys enjoy this one! This one was my favorite proposal to write of the three series!  xxx Kaley