The Proposal

It was the evening of your graduation party and you were so happy. You had finally finished your last semester of college and you were officially a university graduate with a degree. Now it was time to relax and enjoy the achievement with your family and your boyfriend, Liam.

Everyone was gathered in the living room so that you could open your presents. Your sister had gotten you a necklace that she knew you had been wanting. You smiled as you looked down at the necklace and then leaned over to give her a hug. Your parents gave you a check that they wanted you to put into savings in case you needed it sometime. They also gave you some items you had been wanting for the apartment that you were going to be moving into as soon as you found a job.

The last present to open was Liam's. There was an envelope and a small box.

"Open the box first babe." He said as he handed you the small box.

You looked up at him and then back down at the package as you began to tear the wrapping paper off of it. You took the lid off of the box and smiled as you looked down and saw a necklace with an Eiffel Tower pendant sitting in the box.

"Thanks Liam! You know how much I love Paris and how much I want to go someday!" You said.

"I do which is where the second part of your gift comes in." He said as he handed you the envelope.

You gave him a confused look as you looked between him and the envelope a few times.

"Just open it." He said.

You slid the finger under the flap of the envelope and opened that envelope. Then you reached in and pulled out two plane tickets.

"Plane tickets?" You asked.

"Look at where they're going." He said.

You looked down at the tickets as your eyes searched for where it said the destination. Then you saw it. Paris, France.

"I'm going to Paris?" You asked in disbelief.

"Actually, we're going to Paris, but yes." He said.

"Oh my gosh Li! This is perfect! Thank you so much!" You said as you stood up and wrapped your arms around him. He snaked his arms around your back as he held you close to him.

"You're welcome. I thought you could maybe enjoy a little holiday after the last couple weeks of school. I know how stressed you've been, love." He said.

"When are we leaving?" You asked.

"Tomorrow." He said smiling.

"Tomorrow?" You asked.

You spent the rest of the night packing your bags with your sister's help as Liam laid on your bed and watched or played on his phone.

The following morning he picked you up at your parent's house and the two of you headed to the airport to board your private plane that was taking you to Paris.

The car pulled up on the runway where the plane was sitting waiting for you guys. Liam walked around and opened your door for you like a true gentleman and offered his hand to help you step out of the vehicle.

He then scooped you into his arms as he carried you up the steps bridal style and onto the plane.

The plane ride was a short hour and twenty minutes and you smiled as you looked out the window at the city as you neared it. The city was so beautiful from above and you couldn't wait to start exploring the city with Liam.

The first place you went was the Eiffel Tower because it was what you were most excited for. You and Liam took pictures of each other and together in front of the tower and then he smiled at you.