Secrets Revealed...

Start from the beginning

“Are you ready to meet your doom?”

“I’m not scared of heights, Brendon,” I lied.

“Liar,” He smirked.

“How do you know?”

“Bree told me.”

“Dammit,” I groaned and he laughed. “Seriously Brendon I am deathly afraid of heights.

“That’s just cause you haven’t had the right person to help you get over it,” He said. “And now you do,” He set me down on the diving board next to him. “It’s not even that high.”

“I still don’t want to jump,” I said firmly.

“C’mon Izzy. Jump with me,” He urged and held out his hand. I stared at it for a while before shaking my head.

“No.”

“Izzy, jump with me,” He looked me dead in the eye.

No.”

“Yes.

“I’m not jumping, Bren.”

“C’mon take a chance, Iz,” He held his hand out again. “For me.”

“You suck,” I growled at him.

“I’m guessing that means yes,” He laughed and I grasped his hand.

“If I die…”

“You’re not going to die, Izzy,” Brendon rolled his eyes. “Believe me.”

“I believe you.”

*----~----*

I was currently lying on his bed just staring blankly up at the ceiling while Brendon was softly strumming his guitar while he sat on the floor next to the bed.

“You know, if you keep doing that, I’m going to fall asleep pretty soon,” I yawned. He chuckled softly but kept strumming.

“Sorry. It’s a force of habit. I always have to do something with my hands when I’m thinking,” Brendon explained.

“Yeah, I can see that,” I yawned again. “What are you playing? I’ve never heard it before.”

“Just some notes I was messing around with.”

“It’s pretty,” I said softly. “You should write them down. Make a lullaby or something.”

“A lullaby?” He chuckled but then he stopped. “Yeah, maybe I should. How’s about I turn this into a lullaby for you?”

“You’re going to write a song for me?” I smiled and I could feel my eyes droop. He stopped playing. My eyes opened and I saw him smiling gently at me.

“Yeah, I guess I am.”

“That’s sweet,” I said around another yawn. “You’re sweet.”

“You should go to sleep, Izzy.” He suggested. “I’ll wake you up in a little while.”

“M’kay.” I closed my eyes and let the blackness surround me.

*----Brendon----*

I ran my finger softly against her cheek before shutting off the lights and taking my guitar downstairs. I began playing the lullaby.

I thought about the lyrics and I smiled as I wrote them down. Sure it was only a few sentences and most of it repeated but that’s what lullaby’s do, right? They’re short, sweet and they put you to sleep.