Chap. 8 Welcome to the Safe House

Start from the beginning

"Just wait until you see the inside," River grinned as the garage door opened revealing at least a dozen luxurious sports cars and one small space that Liam's car could just fit into.

"There's my baby," Mason smiled as we parked next to a sleek black Mercedes-Benz. "Te he extrañado mi amor," he whispered as he bit his lip.

"¿Qué? ¿Estás 'divirtiéndote' con tu almohada pensando en ese coche?" River asked with a smirk.

Man I wish I paid attention in Spanish class!

"Tal vez," he shrugged with a wink.

"Ew!" The boys laughed with Mason laughing while I awkwardly sat there trying to remember the difference between 'mi cosa' and 'mi costa'

Wait.... is costa even a word...?

"Careful when getting out," Mason warned as the boys carefully got out of the car. "Knowing you, you'd probably end up scratching all of the cars," he playfully said, causing me to roll my eyes, even though he was 99.96% right.

I carefully slid out of the car, miraculously not scratching any of the cars before I followed the boys to the door. River pulled out a key from his pocket and slid it into the door as the garage door closed.

We all filed in before someone flicked the light on, which happened to be a giant chandler that was brighter than my future and that Sia would be thrilled to swing from.

"It's been a while," Mason mused as he kicked his shoes off and walked deeper into the mansion. We all copied his actions and followed him to a huge living area with a giant flat screen tv on the wall, a huge couch, gaming systems, and a million games.

"Woah," I whispered as I looked around, my eyes wandering up the grand staircase a bit further down.

"Welcome to your home for...however long we stay here," Liam said, mumbling the last part trying to keep me from hearing.

"How long do I have to stay here? Not that I'm complaining, but I have a life, you know. I have grades to maintain."

"You and your grades, Cat," Mason chuckled as they plopped down on the couch, leaving me awkwardly standing by myself.

"Come sit Cat, we won't bite," River grinned with a suggestive wink, causing my face to warm up a bit.

"No thanks. I'd just like to go to sleep please. I have a lot to process."

"Of course," Mason said, turning serious as he stood up and walked toward me, linking his arm in mine.

"Thanks, Mas," I said and out of the corner of my eye, I saw River glare daggers at Mason's arm that was hooked with mine, causing me to raise an eyebrow as Mason pulled me toward the stairs.

"What exactly is this place?" I questioned as we slowly made our way up the grand stairs.

"It's our safe house, Cat. God keep up," he chuckled as he lightly elbowed me, causing me to chuckle.

"I know, but why is it here in the middle of nowhere guarded by huge gates with million dollar cars? Why do you need it in the first place? And why are you guys always speaking in other languages?"

"All answers come in their time, young padawan," Mason said while the corners of his lips pulled into a grin and we stopped in front of a closed door. "We'll get clothes in the morning along with food and anything else you might need, okay?"

"Okay, thanks. Good night, Mas," I said, giving him a quick hug.

"G'night, Cat," he whispered into my hair before we broke the hug. "I'm sorry to keep you in the dark, Cat, but somethings are harder to explain than others and sometimes it just isn't your business to tell. You understand, right?"

"Yeah," I said with a nod. "But when will I know?" I asked as he began walking away.

"Pronto, mi Gato. pronto." He said before he disappeared.

He knows that I don't know what the fudge that means right...

I rolled my eyes as I pushed the door open and flipped on the light and immediately the air was sucked from my body. There was a beautiful white chandelier that huge above a king sized bed with white sheets. There was also a giant flat screen TV, a balcony, a walk-in closet, and a huge bathroom. A grin made its way onto my face as I set my dance bag down and pulled out my phone before I change out of my dance clothes into the extra clothes I always kept in my bag...right next to the hot sauce.

As soon as I got done changing, I turned off the light before I slid into the bed and turned on the TV. After what seemed like hours searching for a show, I finally settled on Bob's Burgers and got comfortable in my bed.

I didn't know what was happening or why exactly I was in this mansion, but I was determined to get answers...and drive at least one of those cars in the garage.

***

I know this update is super late and super short and I'm sorry, but at least I'm updating now. I actually have an updating schedule and I'm already late, but the schedule is

Thursdays- Living With the Bad Boy (Starting in December)

Fridays- His Dangerous Ways

Saturdays- His To Keep

Sundays- My Broken Mute Mate

So yeah, hopefully I can maintain this schedule and if I'm late, please forgive me.

Teaser: Cat gets some answers to her questions...or does she?

Anyway, if you enjoyed please don't forget to comment, vote, and fan.

Love y'all- Jordan