Nineteen

^ Adrian ^

I was just waking up at 8pm because my phone was ringing. It was Taylor. Why was she still hitting my fucking phone?

"What?" I answered.

"Are you okay? I heard Marley was coming back. All petty shit aside. Are you good?" She asked catching me off guard.

"I'm coo. What did you really want?" I asked.

"That's it. I mean I know I'm rude as hell like all the time but I really do care about your feelings. Sometimes. That's all though." She hung up and I shook my head, staring at my phone in confusion.

I had a text from Erin. I ignored it and went downstairs to get a gatorade from the fridge. Someone knocked on the door and I went to open it with no energy. It was a stud in an army uniform. Woww. She came to my fucking house?

"You're Adrian? You're a lot bigger than I expected." She said scratching the back of her head. She had the same skin complexion as me, hazel eyes, and straight black hair in a bun under her hat.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "Go be with Jewels."

"I wanted to apologize. If I had known you were such a respectable person, I wouldn't have said what I did." She explained.

"Yeah. I guess. I think Jewels is waiting for you though so maybe you should go see her instead of me." I said slightly annoyed.

"Y-yeah I should. Sorry again." She walked away and I shut my door. I wish people would just leave me alone. Let me go back to my old school man this shit is even worse.

* * * *

I got dressed for school and walked to the bus stop. Erin was the only one there today. I sat down and she looked at me as if I was supposed to say something.

"What?" I asked.

"You really just gonna give Jewels up like that?" She asked.

"What am I supposed to do? Clearly she would rather be with her. I won't ever fight for someone that doesn't want to be fought for. If I'm a second choice, I'd rather just be no choice." I explained shrugging my shoulders.

"I guess you're right. I thought she would have told you about Marley. She was a big part of her life and then she left. It's hard to just bury something like that." She proclaimed. I nodded my head because I didn't have anything to say to that.

My phone buzzed with a text as Jewels and everyone else walked up to us. I took my phone out and seen a text from Shakora.

Kora: Damnn you just forgot about me bruh

Me: 😭 My bad. I been dealing with shit. You wanna hang out after school?

Kora: Yeah for sure.

"Adrian can we talk?" Jewels asked. I looked up at her and shrugged my shoulders. The bus pulled up and we all got on. Erin sat next to me so Jewels couldn't causing Jewels to get mad. Erin must know something I don't.

"Jewels cut the act. Don't try to act like Marley doesn't mean anything to you because she spent the night with you last night. Still a virgin?" Erin asked with a mug on her face. Jewels turned in her seat and covered her face. She slept with Marley? Wow. Fucking great.

The bus got to the school and we went our separate ways. I went to College Calc and sat with Shakora and Davi.