Fourteen

^ Shakora ^

Adrian's POV

"So you like Anise?" Shakora asked. We were in my hospital room just talking. I had put Jewels and Erin in the back of my head for the past couple days and had been focusing on Anise and Shakora more.

"Yeah I think so. She's cute, cool, and she's just different. I noticed you and Destiny are getting closer." I said grinning.

"Awe yeah I been feeling her. We should go on a double date when you feel better." She said blankly.

"Sounds fun-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. It was Jewels. I sighed and answered the phone. "What?"

"T was arrested a week ago. I wanted to tell you that and I need to talk to you in person Adrian this isn't working for me or Erin. Or any of us. We miss you. I miss you." She said sounding sad.

"Alright Jewels. We can talk after I get out of the hospital and when I feel up to it." I said.

"Okay.. I just feel so bad." She said.

"Yeah whatever." I hung up and Shakora looked at me weirdly. I shrugged my shoulders and ate the rest of my pudding.

"Bruh she stressing you or something?" Kora asked.

"Nah nothing like that. I'm just tired of her calling my phone. I just need to talk things out with them. The bitch that shot me got arrested." I explained.

"Shit that's good. Aye I gotta go pick up Destiny and Anise from volleyball practice. You want me to bring Anise here?" She asked.

"Sure if she wants to come here." I replied.

"Aight bro. Deuces." She left and I turned up the volume to MTV Cribs. My shit. I was enjoying myself all too much when my door was opened by Jewels.

"I thought I said when I feel up to it." I said mugging her.

"I know. I just.. I couldn't wait. I want to apologize properly. I should have believed everything you said. I don't know why I didn't. Things have just been going through my head lately. But this isn't entirely my fault. Erin told me a lie and Erin is my damn sister for god sakes I didn't think she would lie like that. The last thing I wanted was to get you hurt. You just don't know how scared I was." She stood next to my bed and hear voice cracked every now and then.

"Jewels I understand. I can't hold a grudge for that long. As for Erin, it won't be that easy. Let her ass know that I won't speak when she speaks to me. Got me fucked up. We're cool though bruh." I said holding out my hand for her to shake. She gave me some dap and was about to say something when Anise walked in.

"Hey there cutie." She said to me making me smile. Jewels' facial expression changed drastically and she left without a word. Anise came and sat next to me on the bed. Still in her volleyball uniform. Spandex shorts and a jersey.

"Good afternoon gorgeous. How was practice?" I asked.

"Practice was terrible. But you know me. I always make the best of things. How are you feeling?" She asked feeling my forehead.

"I feel fine." I said with a chuckle. "I'm ready to go home."

"Poor baby." Her phone started ringing and she quickly put it on silent. But it rang again.

"Not gonna answer that?" I asked.

"N-no I don't think I should." She said turning red. It kept ringing though.

"Just answer the phone Anise." I said getting annoyed with the ringing. She answered the phone and the voice on the other line was so loud that I could hear who it was..