Season 3: Episode 12: New York City Serenade

Start from the beginning

-Jiminy Crickets Pov-

Azalea and I walked through the enchanted forest. "This looks like a good spot." Azalea said setting her bag of potions down. "I'll be here when your done." I said flying over to her shoulder, I kind of missed my human body. It would be quite the adjustment to being this size again. The group had decided to take a break from walking to Regina's castle. Azalea and I were put to the task of seeing if we could find anyone else around our area that had come back with us from Storybrooke. Our group was pretty small, and we knew that more people were back then who all was in our group. I sat with Azalea while she meditated, getting a feel for the magic of the enchanted forest again so she could use her locator spell, maybe even sense the people from Storybrooke we had lost. I lost track of time, taking a note in my mind to also get used to no clocks anymore when Azalea gasped. Her eyes were tightly shut, as if she were having some kind of nightmare. "Azalea, is everything alright?" I asked, standing up on my cricket legs and tapping my umbrella against her shoulder. She cried out, as if hurt or scared and jumping back, knocking me off her shoulder. Azalea stood up and looked around, as if she had seen a ghost. "Azalea! What happened?!" I asked, worried for the girl. She turned to me and frowned, picking me off the ground. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to knock you over." She said dusting my tiny hat off. "No worries, but why the sudden fright?" I asked her. She sighed, "I'm not sure...I was meditating...then I started having some kind of-vision. Everything was green around me. I was in the castle, someone was there...I don't know her. Then the green fog pulled me under. I couldn't breath." she frowned, looking around as if not sure if she was actually awake. "It's alright. maybe the vision meant something that we cant decipher yet...let's not let it worry us too much." I advised. The teen agreed and put me on her shoulder again. "Before the crazy vision happened I saw a group of about fifty people from Storybrooke that was dropped off a ways from us that way." She said pointing to the direction the sun would set. "Well that is some good news! Shall we tell the queen and king?" I asked. She nodded and we started our journey back to the others. "What do you think it meant? My vision?" Azalea asked as she walked through the forest. "I'm not sure. But for now let's focus on what we do know, like the lost group. We know their location. Now we can go get them...that's a good thing." I said in a calming voice. I could feel the girls fear rolling off of her in waves, whatever she saw in her meditative state really frightened her.

-Charming's Pov-

"So their back? Fifty of them you said?" I asked, Azalea nodded. "That's good, that means we will have our kingdom back in no time with the rate that things are going." I said with a smile. Azalea nodded, looking away from me over to the dwarfs as they got the horses ready. "Hey," I said, putting my hand on her shoulder and getting her attention. "Is something wrong?" I asked, able to tell that something was bothering her. She shook her head. "No-just getting used to the magic here again." She said. I nodded, knowing the girl usually didn't lie to me. Plus with how crazy everything had been, she probably just needed some time to breath and let all the events catch up to her. "Grumpy!" I said calling him over. "You and the others spread the word, all new arrivals head east to the queens castle." Grumpy nodded "Consider it done." He said, before walking over to the others to tell them the plan. I looked down at Azalea to see her looking behind us, I followed her gaze to see Hook loading a horse with supplies. "That's a lot of supplies Hook." I said walking over to him with Azalea. "Well I just want to be prepared." The pirate said. "But the queens castle is less then a days travel away, this looks like you will be traveling for at least a week." Azalea said looking at all his stuff. "Aye, that would be lovely if I were going to the queens castle." He said. I frowned. "Your not coming with us?" I asked him. "You are a perceptive prince aren't you?" Hook asked with sarcasm. "Where are you going then?" Azalea asked, obviously sad to see the pirate go. "The enchanted forest is your home...mine is the Jolly Rodger." He said to the teen, bringing her under his arm, I sighed. "Hook, you don't even know if it made it back here with us." I said, hoping in talking him into staying with us. "Regina told me how the curse worked, my ship is back. All I have to do is find it." Hook said with hope in his voice. "What if you can't?" I asked him. "I will just have to take another one wont I? That's what pirates do." He said. "Huh, and here I though you had gone and changed." I said, pulling Azalea away from him. She frowned looking at him. Hook hopped onto the horse and looked down at us as Snow walked over, confused. "Tried the hero thing, it didn't take." He said. "So that's it, Emma is gone and your going to go back to being a pirate." Snow asked him. "Back? Milady I have always been a pirate." He said getting ready to leave. "Wait!" Azalea called before he could take off. He stopped and she walked up to him, handing him a flower crown from her bag. "If you ever want to come back to us, or if you need anything. My flower crown will guide you to me." She said. Hook frowned, before putting the flowers in his jacket. "You are quite the forgiving one aren't you?" He asked her, remembering all the terrible things he had done to her."From experience I guess so. Plus you helped save me from Pan, so consider us even...good luck Hook." She said, before he took off. I held my hand out and Azalea walked back over to us. "Hey," Bae called. He walked over to us with a frown. "What Hook said, about his ship being back...does that mean that all of our stuff came back?" He asked. Azalea nodded. "If Hooks ship is back all of our belongings from Storybrooke should be as well. It's hard to tell with this curse though." She confirmed. "What are you looking for?" I asked him. "I was hoping we could go by my fathers place...on the way to the queens castle." He said. "Neal, I know your hurting...but Rumpelstiltskin is gone." I said. "Maybe, and maybe not. But if he isn't he might be able to get me back to Emma and Henry." Bae said. "Neal-it's impossible. Regina was clear. The price of our return was a complete reset, no more portals." Snow said. Bae frowned, looking down at the ground. "We know how you feel Neal...we miss them too, but even if we could get back to them we couldn't get them to remember us, the best thing we an do for them now is to know that we gave them their best chance at a good life...you can have a new life in our kingdom. You will be well taken care of with us. It's the least we can do, consider yourself apart of the royal family now." I told him. He nodded, I patted him on the back and he walked over to Belle. I took a deep breath and looked down at Azalea. "Let's continue to get ready. The sooner we get to the castle the sooner we get our kingdom back." I said.